magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magic Jack connecting to 911.talk4free.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: magic Jack connecting to 911.talk4free.com Reply with quote

is there a reason why it connects to 911.talk4free.com. This info was acquired using Fiddler. Also in fiddler how can I find out what proxy I"m using.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: magic Jack connecting to 911.talk4free.com Reply with quote

hotman wrote:
is there a reason why it connects to 911.talk4free.com. This info was acquired using Fiddler. Also in fiddler how can I find out what proxy I"m using.

I have never used Fidler so I can't help you on that one, but the 911 proxy is so it can Identify you and your registered 911 address to the 911 folks. By the way I don't know why it happens but especially if you dial toll free numbers the party on the receiving end does not alway see your correct telephone number.

Someone on here posted a number that is supposed to read back your telephone number to you (caller ID) but when I call it it reads back some strange number not even closely resembling my real MJ telephone number.

Someone like LikeMagic or Stewart can probably jump in here and give us all the whys on this. Most of this Telco switching and number exchange stuff is pure magic to me (no pun intended).

HolmanGT - St. George, UT MJ-Area/Prefix 435-275
ooma-Area/Prefix 435-579
Baja Broadband, up-1mb dn-10mb, on days with a good tail wind.
MJ on HP T5730 2GBF/2GBR Thin Client XPe SP2 Router Dlink Dir-655
hotman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me how to find out what proxy my MagicJack it's using.

Thanks!
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM "SpamBox" I believe he uses that program to do what you are trying to do.

HolmanGT - St. George, UT MJ-Area/Prefix 435-275
ooma-Area/Prefix 435-579
Baja Broadband, up-1mb dn-10mb, on days with a good tail wind.
MJ on HP T5730 2GBF/2GBR Thin Client XPe SP2 Router Dlink Dir-655
Stewart
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiddler is a web debugger -- it only captures HTTP and HTTPS traffic. MJ gets its provisioning info by HTTPS, but the data is encrypted (in addition to the normal HTTPS encryption that Fiddler can decipher), so you'll see only garbage. However, you can use Wireshark to capture all network traffic, and see where the SIP requests are going (or where the responses are coming from). SIP is not encrypted, though a cryptographic hash is used to keep the password secure.

Test numbers:

800-437-7950 (reads your ANI; on MJ, it's usually a 585 number belonging to Choice One, their toll-free termination provider)
866-692-6447 (reads your caller ID, though it announces it as your ANI; should be your MJ number)
712-580-9999 (reads your caller ID; should be your MJ number)
*678*004377950 (hack to make MJ route toll-free calls to another carrier; your ANI should now be your MJ number)
hotman
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help Stewart everything worked as u said
Doctare
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: fix for 911.talk4free.com Reply with quote

I was getting alerts from my work virus server about 911.talk4free.com.
Also my MagivJack could not connect to the 911 server. This is the workaround I came up with:
Open your hosts file (C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts) and add this line "67.90.152.80{TAB}911.talk4free.com" note the there is a tab in the middle that I can not type here in this chat window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: