magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Local number portability problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dstehle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Local number portability problem. Reply with quote

My travails:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Naomi'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK55403125680X
Naomi: Hello, how may I help you?
David Stehle: I want to port 315 655 3904 to 315 289 1012
David Stehle: I've attempted to do this can you canceled the order.
Naomi: Okay. Let me assist you with that.
Naomi: Okay
David Stehle: When will this be able to get done?
Naomi: May i know the order number?
David Stehle: TS09710903
Naomi: One moment please...
Naomi: Thank you for waiting
Naomi: As i have check here in our end it was already cancelled.
David Stehle: Right. How can I get this done?
Naomi: Since that the order was cancelled you will not be charged on it
David Stehle: I want to be charged. I want you to get the number ported. How can I get this done.
Naomi: You will have to request it again
David Stehle: When I try to do this, I get this result:
Naomi: What result?
David Stehle: We're sorry, your telephone number cannot be transferred at this time. Please check back in the future.
Naomi: One moment please...
Naomi: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
David Stehle: ty
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Mandy'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK55403125680X
David Stehle: I want to port 315 655 3904 to 315 289 1012
Mandy: Hello David. My name is MNandy. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.
David Stehle: hello?
Mandy: Yes, I am checking your account.
Mandy: I am sorry for the delay.
David Stehle: OK
Mandy: For verification, provide me the name and the emial address registered on your magicjack.
David Stehle: My daughter is Sidney Stehle - sidney@stehle.org
David Stehle: she used the phone last summer when I bought it. I've asked to have it transferred into my name but apparently you can't do that.
Mandy: Are you still logged in at my.magicjack.com?
David Stehle: I've logged in to 315 289 1012
Mandy: Do you receive an error message if you tried to port your number?
David Stehle: When I try to transfer the # I get:
David Stehle: Transfer is Not Available Number Already Transferred
David Stehle: or
David Stehle: We're sorry, your telephone number cannot be transferred at this time. Please check back in the future.
Mandy: May I know the carrier line of your phone number?
David Stehle: The carrier is Time Warner Cable
David Stehle: is that what you want?
Mandy: Yes.
Mandy: May I know if your line is still active?
David Stehle: yes.
Mandy: Okay.
Mandy: Have you contacted your current provider if they will allow your magicjack to make transactions with us?
David Stehle: I've tried but customer service people know nothing about this.
Mandy: Please go START >> RUN >> FIREWALL.CPL and press OK.
David Stehle: one moment please
Mandy: sure.
David Stehle: I'm in the Windows Firewall.
David Stehle: How is this going to help?
David Stehle: Magicjack is listed as an exception in the Exceptions tab...if that matters.
Mandy: Okay, you may close your windows firewall window.
David Stehle: What's the next step?
Mandy: One moment please...
Mandy: May I suggest you to please do contact your current phone provider and ask them if will allow your phoe number to be ported to magicjack.
David Stehle: I would like to speak to a higher level support person
Mandy: Unfortunately this is the last level of support that you can chat with David.
Mandy: Let me see what can I do for you.
David Stehle: then I need a person at your US offices to speak with. This is not a Time Warner issue.
Mandy: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Mandy: If I am not mistaken, you already requested your phone number to be ported to magicjack but canceled the order?
David Stehle: I did not cancel the order, you ddi
Mandy: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Mandy: Possibly it was canceled because your phone service provider notified us that your phone number cannot be ported as of the moment David.
David Stehle: I don't want possibly. I need to know definitively how I can solve this problem.
Mandy: We suggest you to please do contact your current phone provider regarding on this matter David.
David Stehle: I would want to do this with a Magicjack person on the line as well. Otherwise I'd be wasting time.
David Stehle: Who can I speak to physically?
Mandy: We'd love to help you by phone but as of the moment we only do support on chat.
David Stehle: But you have not helped me.
David Stehle: somewhere at MJ there is a group in charge of porting numbers. Who is that group?
David Stehle: How can they be contacted?
Mandy: I will be right with you.
Mandy: You have already requested your number to be ported with magicjack before on 06/07/2011 but for some reasons the order was canceled.
David Stehle: You canceled it.
David Stehle: And your webtool won't let me try again.
David Stehle: I get this when I try;
David Stehle: David Stehle: Transfer is Not Available Number Already Transferred David Stehle: or David Stehle: We're sorry, your telephone number cannot be transferred at this time. Please check back in the future.
Mandy: Thanks checking again.
Mandy: Did you receive an email notification from us regarding with your transfer request?
David Stehle: checking
David Stehle: There was one - sent to sidney@stehle.org - but I don't have it.
Mandy: May I suggest you to please do check your email first because that explains why your phone number can be ported as of the moment.
David Stehle: That E-mail is not available.
David Stehle: Time Warner says it is not a problem.
Mandy: Please do check the email first so you will know the reason why you are not able to port your phone number.
David Stehle: There was no reason given. Time Warner says there that there is no problem and you need to make it happen from your end.
Mandy: Did you check the email?
David Stehle: I've told you - now for the 3rd time - that the E-mail is not available and that there was no specific reason given anyway.
Mandy: I guess there is, the email contains the status of your request David.
David Stehle: Now I've done what you asked. I've spoken to Time Warner and they say there is no restriction on their end.
David Stehle: How can I get this done?
David Stehle: 1) Why can't you look in your records and see what the issue is?
David Stehle: 2) Why can't I try this again? Your website tool won't let me.
Mandy: I understand you fully, there's no other way around it because its a system generated process.
Mandy: No worries, you may still attempt to transfer your telephone number to your magicJack in the future. Simply log into your magicJack account and initiate a new request by clicking on the “My Subscriptions” tab and then clicking “Transfer My Number”.
David Stehle: When I do that I get:
David Stehle: David Stehle: Transfer is Not Available Number Already Transferred David Stehle: or David Stehle: We're sorry, your telephone number cannot be transferred at this time. Please check back in the future.
David Stehle: just tried it again and it tells me:
David Stehle: Transfer is Not Available Number Already Transferred
David Stehle: But of course the # is not transferred.
Mandy: Okay, we suggest you to please try to request your phone number to be ported to magicjack because your telephone number cannot be transferred at this time.
David Stehle: What does that mean?
Mandy: Please try to attempt to transfer your telephone number to your magicJack in the future.
David Stehle: There's a problem on your end. Time Warner says they readily port numbers to Magicjack.
David Stehle: Please let me speak to your supervisor.
Mandy: You are already speaking with a supervisor David.
David Stehle: then I need to speak to you local number portability group.
Mandy: Nothing to worry, we will look into this matter for you. Please do try to request your phone number to be ported to magicjack at later time.
David Stehle: I've been "doing this at a later time" for months now.
David Stehle: Always the same result.
Mandy: I understand where you are coming from David. I know this can be very frustrating and I would have felt the same.
David Stehle: Thank you. But there's a solution here and I'd like you to get me in contact with the appropriate person.
Mandy: Unfortunately this is the last level of support that you can chat with on this matter .Also, please check your email for any notification of your transfer request.
David Stehle: Once again...no solution.
David Stehle: I need to speak to someone in your porting group.
David Stehle: please make this happen.
Mandy: Unfortunately they don't take chats as they will notify you through email with the status of your request.
David Stehle: I've been told this many times. No one has ever been in touch.
Mandy: Please try it again in the future David.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

dstehle
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: LNP woes Reply with quote

Does anyone have any ideas?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LNP woes Reply with quote

dstehle wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas?

It was so long it was hard to follow. You would probably serve yourself better in the future to recap your issue. 99% of us will take your word on what was said in chat with customer service. You can always post the chat later.

That said, there are probably other opinions, but I think you are probably SOL. They are not required to provide porting. And reports in here seem to indicate that they are very spotty in their porting results, at best. As usual CS doesn't seem to know their head from their tail. If I read it right they told you it had been cancelled and later told you it had been done.

If the number is important to you, and you are still within your 30 days, you should probably consider canceling your service and look into other services.

I would also monitor real closely to make sure you don't get charged for the non-port.

You can also do what they suggested and keep trying. And chat with CS over and over, but if it doesn't take in another day or so, you are probably just wasting your time.
carlalewis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic k\jack and iPad app are can be used for a variety of things. There are similar applications for other services available, but the Time Warner app lets users peruse program scheduling, program their DVRs to record shows and watch select programs. It also as a digital remote control function. Fed up with iPad and Android owners holding their Time Warner Cable application over you because it is not accessible for the iPhone? Worry no more, as TCW has launched the app for the iPhone. Source for this article: Watch TV using Time Warner Cable app.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: