magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep app from popping up.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolpoete
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
FREE "Magicsilence" Plugin Tool
Popup Dialer Window Manager for magicJack
for Windows XP/Vista/7

SYNOPSIS: YOUR WORK STAYS FOCUSED AND THE DIALER WINDOW STAYS CLOSED IN THE TRAYBAR UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO OPEN IT.

The "Magicsilence" Plugin tool gives you full control over the magicJack dialer window providing you with the ability to maintain focus on your primary computer activities. Unless you decide to manually open it, the magicJack dialer window will remain closed even during incoming and outgoing calls.

You can manually open the magicJack dialer window at any time as you normally do (by double left mouse clicking on the magicJack dialer icon) in case you want to check something or decide to use a headset for your call. The only difference is that you are now in control and whatever you are working on remains focused even when a new call is placed or arrives.

"Magicsilence" may be used by itself or alongside our popular "Magicfeatures", "Skyjack" and "Xlitejack" software plugins. In the event it does not meet your needs, a complete uninstall application is included.

The new "MagicSilence" Plugin Tool is ABSOLUTELY FREE and can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .

Confirmed, this program works well with Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks!!
bcmiguel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicsilence works like a charm
BigPappa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the easiest plugin ever. Works great!
diggum12
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In XP, just set up a scheduled task in your Control Panel to always start the MJ Loader on startup. Then schedule another one to restart it everyday (say 5:00 am) as a safety incase it inadvertently gets shut off somehow.

Once I set MJ up initially, I saw no need to HAVE to see it onscreen under my (or any of my family's) profile. I wanted it to be as transparent as my home phone was, so I set up the Task Scheduler to keep it out of sight/out of mind.

Runs flawlessly. No extra softwared, no registry tweaking.
nitemare
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Silence does not work on the new update released by MagicJack.
AndyyII
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MagicSilence - New Release Underway
Changes to the MagicSilence plugin to provide compatibility with the new release of the magicJack dialer are going to be required. We should have an update of the MagicSilence plugin available for download in the next few days; however, it may take a bit longer depending on the exact number of changes necessary. Your patience will be required in this instance and is very much appreciated.

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=487

if MJ doesn't start giving a few basic features then I will dump them and try NetTalk Duo.
Actually will be buying one now that they have dropped the price a little

If it wasnt for pcphonesoft, I would Not use the MJ, the pop up dialer is very annoying , they (MJ) should at least provide a disabling feature for us who use the hard phone
rmarinella
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otaku Deskspace (multiple desktops) can be used to make the pop-up show on another desktop. I still haven't stopped it fom losing focus.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Magicsilence Release 2 upgrade is now available and it is compatible with magicJack's brand new dialer.

See http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicsilence-rel-2-keep-dialer-window-from-popping-up-t9747.html to check it out.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicsilence Release 2.01 is now available for download.

It includes a brand new optional Show "Call Alert" feature to conveniently display the incoming call information window in the lower right hand portion of your screen when a new call arrives with the option to accept/ignore the call. The window is displayed without stealing focus from your work.

The optional Show "Call Alert" feature can be enabled/disabled directly from the Magicsilence Plugin icon popup menu.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the following tool called AutoSizer ... it works with any window you have, not just magicJack, and it will even minimize the annoying splash screen that appears when you first start up mj.

http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

I tried all the other tools (magicBlock, magicSilence and magicHide) but I prefer this AutoSizer tool the best.
donorakh
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using magicblock right now, and it seems to the job perfectly. The only problem is that if you tell the app to stop blocking, it won't actually stop.. .even if you terminate the app. This is fixed by restarting the magic jack soft phone.
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may try setting up your MJ to the Startup of your system for it to start auto during boot up.

Windows XP

1. Please go to "My Computer". From the menu bar go to "Tools" and select "Folder Options". In there click on the "View" tab and make sure the option "Show hidden files and folders" is checked then click "OK".

2. Please press the "Windows" button on your keyboard (the one between CTRL and ALT) then press "R" and type "Application Data" then press the "Enter".

3. Double click on the folder called "mjusbsp" then "in00000". Copy the file named "Set-up" and close that folder.

4. Click the "Start" button then "All Programs", right click the "Startup Folder" and choose "Open all Users" and past the "Set-up" file into that folder. Now your magicJack will automatically start on boot-up.

VISTA :

1. Please go to "My Computer". From the menu bar go to "Tools" and select "Folder Options". In there click on the "View" tab and make sure the option "Show hidden files and folders" is checked then click "OK".

2. Now double click on your hard drive (usually called C:\). Click on "Users" then "Application Data" then "Roaming" and double click on the folder called "mjusbsp" then "in00000". Copy the file named "Set-up" and close that folder.

3. Click the "Start" button then "All Programs", right click the "Startup Folder" and choose "Open all Users" and paste the "Set-up" file into that folder. Now your magicJack will automatically start on boot-up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madoushi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have MagicBlock and it worked for a while, but for the past couple of months I found it doesn't stop the popup at all anymore.

Also I don't know why people say MAgicSilence is 'free', the website seems to demand a fee for it.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoushi wrote:
Also I don't know why people say MAgicSilence is 'free', the website seems to demand a fee for it.

Demand? They want to get paid for their work in developing and upgrading their product? The nerve. Rolling Eyes

It may have been free initially, but times change and it's not free to them to keep up with changes MJ makes, but they do have a free trial period on their products.
Madoushi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolpoete wrote:
redpepper wrote:

The new "MagicSilence" Plugin Tool is ABSOLUTELY FREE and can be downloaded at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com OR http://www.magicsilence.com .

It's fine if they want to charge for it, but I refer you to the previous pages of posts of people recommending it by saying it's free. If it isn't free, telling people it is can be misleading. A 'free trial' and 'ABSOLUTELY FREE' are totally different. That's all I meant.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoushi wrote:

It's fine if they want to charge for it, but I refer you to the previous pages of posts of people recommending it by saying it's free. If it isn't free, telling people it is can be misleading. A 'free trial' and 'ABSOLUTELY FREE' are totally different. That's all I meant.

And those posts were from early 2010, TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO. It was free, and now it's not.

Shit changes...that's all I meant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: