magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep app from popping up.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PSK
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: A simple way to remove Softphone app Reply with quote

I may not be as tech-minded as some of you but I think my way is so simple I'm surprised noone thought about it. I just drag the softphone screen down below the bottom toolbar and leave just a little of the top of the screen showing. This way it is available if I want it but it is always out of the way. Low tech, but effective.
quetzal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the final "testing stages" before killing off Vonage at my place....problem with pulling it to the bottom of the screen is that if you're working in a program, or worse yet, a full screen game, it will drop that out of focus and pull up the soft phone. Not a huge deal if the computer's just sitting there, but there's nothing worse than getting the few measly minutes you get to use your system for games to have to push that popup back down and get back into your program. I"ll be trying out a few of these fixes. Has anyone else had issues with Vista (or I guess XP as well) when using different logons? If I have the soft phone up on my session and my wife's on her's with the softphone running, the calls are really messed up. During trouble shooting, I killed her softphone task and it cleared right up. I also found that logging out of a session instead of just switching users keeps it from happening, but I'm guessing making it a sevice on the admin page would keep that from happening period...Last piece of my MJ puzzle is the Caller ID situation, just need to make my "little phone box" and get a powered USB and I think I'll be in good!
versatil
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out how to keep it from gaining focus yet?

Has anyone tried to start magic jack as a background service? Maybe I'll try that after I finish my homework...
quetzal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check some of the other threads..some have done it with success, some have used a program called Firedaemon...I'm using Vista and there have been some changeups to what the instructions are for making it a service manually..going to try once I get a little more than an hour to try.
MyOwnMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a freeware program that keeps the MJ app minimized...that program can be found here:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.html?hhTest=1&qt=magicblock&tag=srch&tg=dl-20

Looks like when the program is run, the MJ app pops up for a split second, then gets closed by this freeware.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does MagicBlock stop Magic Jack App from controlling our PC screen during PC startup?
JohnnyFreightTRAIN
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't. The magicjack will still have a splash screen with the magicblock.
And if you want to stop the magicjack from poping up because it closes your fullscreen programs (like videos) then the magicblock wont help you. Because the magicjack softphone still pops up for a split second.

The only way I know of to get rid of the splash screen and the softphone altogether is run MJ as a service, or in another user account.
sbw07
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFreightTRAIN wrote:
The only way I know of to get rid of the splash screen and the softphone altogether is run MJ as a service, or in another user account.

There are 2 splash screens that you may be referring to; "One Minute of Patience..." & "Starting magicJack, please wait...".

The way I found to stop the first one is described here.
juansanchez
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semicharm wrote:
You can always run it as a service.

unfortunately i was just doing this not 20 mins ago and now it seems that it doesnt exist, admins can you please bring this old topic from the old site to this thread so i can finish doing what i started? plz and thank you

~juan

NVM guess i just needed to look problem solved and i found the new one on this new forum Smile
pcfy2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Toppy Does Work Reply with quote

SpamBox wrote:
Here's a reverse approach: Toppy
Quote:
Overview

Nice little utility which lives in the system tray that allows you to easily control which windows stay on top simply by using keyboard hot keys.
How it works

Basicly, after you have run Toppy! pressing WinKey + ArrowUp will set the active window to stay on top� and pressing WinKey + ArrowDn will set the window back to normal.

So if playing a game or working on something and you don't want any other window stealing focus (ie - MJ)

This does work.

The softphone only blinks to let you know that someone is callling you or using the telephone. It blinked 3 times while typing this.

It did not stay on top. But I had to reposition the pointer where I am typing to continue.

I can live with this. Easy set up.
ekcopolo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solearth wrote:
Isn't the easiest way to keep from seeing the "box" simply to move the top of the MJ window to the bottom of the screen.
I assume that everybody already knows how, but for the newbies:
Move the pointer to the top (but just inside) of the MJ window.
Press and hold the left mouse button. - Move the mouse down. - Release the mouse button when the box is virtually invisible.
Viola - The window is not bothering you. A little window pops up when the phone is ringing with the number of the caller. But I want to see that anyway.

that was so %^$$ easy and simple
Zork
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of memory and page file that majicblock uses for its simple task puts it well below my standards for a program that I will use. 4t Tray Min is a decent bit of code but its not worth $20 to me for this one task and I am not about to relearn the debuggers; its been years since I was into that.

I want access to the softphone, no popup (no focus theft whatsoever would be best), and am willing to give up approx. zero CPU and a few megs of RAM/page for a program that provides this. A Pro version of 4tTM would fit all this except the theft of focus, and would be fine. A change to the programming staff at MajicJack to include some common sense would also be acceptable.

Does anyone know of a solution?
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Solution is for someone from MJ to come and explain why they haven't fixed the issue. There seems to be 2 issues, if I'm understanding things correctly.

(1) The "one minute of patience, hours of wasted time" screen that hogs the screen when initially connecting to MJ

(2) The Magic Jack interface that comes up when then number is called. (not sure about this one, not an issue for me).
Zork
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first issue is solved easily enough by just looking at the parameters the launcher sends to majicjack.exe. Sure the coders are lazy but its easy to work around.

The second issue tends to be a real pain. I guess I will have to run the thing as a service. Is there any way at all to pull up the call log in such an environment?

It seems unlikely they will include names with the caller ID; I think that would up the rates which is their main selling point. Is it possible to create a program that would take the name associated with a number (from the contact list) and send that as the caller ID string out the phone jack when a call arrives, or am I just dreaming?
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well the first issue is solved easily enough by just looking at the parameters the launcher sends to majicjack.exe. Sure the coders are lazy but its easy to work around.
This is the first time that I've noticed this mentioned. Is there more information about where to find the launcher and setting parameters? If I could fix this, I'd leave my MJ plugged in and use it - now I don't leave it in the drive and I forget I have it.

Thanks
cdgfx84
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried magicblock but got this error after install

lbholde
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

What I want to do is stop the MagicJack program from popping up while I'm playing a 3D game. When the popup comes up it completly messes up the game.

I tried magicBlock, but it does not stop the game from getting messed up, because the popup still briefly pops up.

I installed the 4t tray minimizer, and followed the directions in this post, but MagicJack still pops up. I must be an idiot. Can someone post the exact options I need to check or not check? Thanks!
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried running the MJ softphone as a service?
lbholde
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mberlant wrote:
Have you tried running the MJ softphone as a service?
No, not yet. I think I figured out the correct 4t settings to stop the popup, but yet still it interrupts the game when someone picks up the phone. So I think the service will be the next thing I will try.
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJ.zip

I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy
djmax041
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdgfx84 wrote:
I tried magicblock but got this error after install

u need microsoft .Net framework for the magic block to work its free heres the link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

the 4t Tray Minimizer Works Great tho i have the pro edition that i um yeah "got it" without paying Embarassed nothing pops up while playing games or nothing Wink
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJsphone.zip

This program has been updated to v1.1.16. Thanks to your support and help the code is much more clean and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hide the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJacks softphone hidden.
I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanks Mp3Gamer00,
Excellent job. It really does what is promised.
You should set this up as a separate post, in order to make it more visible and accessible.
There has only been 56 downloads (not as many Thank You's obviously....), which is surprisingly low for an actually working feature like this.
Regards,
arc
lockmaster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: magicblock works great also Reply with quote

I am using Magicblock to keep mj from popping up. The program has a small icon in the start up menu on the bottom right of the windows screen to change the options from 'hide to allow' the MJ screen from popping up or to keep it minimized. just right click on the icon and check or un- check the box as necessary. Magicblock. exe can be obtained from download.com among other sources.
lockmaster
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: net.framework and Mj Reply with quote

I agree with djmax041 on the need for net.frame to make magicblock work. Most pcs have net.framework installed but some systems that don't have windows update turned on may be missing it. I ran into that problem on one of the mj installations where I had to update windows.
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJMgr.zip

This program has been updated to v1.1.19. Thanks to your support and help the code is much stronger and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hides the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJack's softphone hidden.
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Why Thrice? Reply with quote

Mp3
Gamer00

Any particular reason you felt the need to post this in at least 3 different threads? Once is sufficient, anyone interested WILL find it.

OTC
GoodDoctor2
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Thrice? Reply with quote

oldtimercurt wrote:
Mp3
Gamer00

Any particular reason you felt the need to post this in at least 3 different threads? Once is sufficient, anyone interested WILL find it.

OTC

He's updating versions.
Would be nice if the prog was on sourceforge.
It would look good on a resume as well.
mur_phy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of the two programs MJsphone1.1.19 and MagicBlock, if anyone(s) tried both, which is preferred?
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJMgr12.zip

This program has been updated to v1.2.0.

New Features:

* Auto Answer or Ignore w/ Ring Delay
* Hide Caller ID
* Speed Dial (9 slots available)
* Call Forwarding (coming soon...)

Thanks to your support and help the code is much stronger and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hides the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJack's softphone hidden.
techtravis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion would be to make this app minimize to the system tray instead of the taskbar Smile
thirdstrike
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mp3Gamer00 wrote:
http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJMgr12.zip

This program has been updated to v1.2.0.

New Features:

* Auto Answer or Ignore w/ Ring Delay
* Hide Caller ID
* Speed Dial (9 slots available)
* Call Forwarding (coming soon...)

Thanks to your support and help the code is much stronger and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hides the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJack's softphone hidden.

Your program does not prevent MJ from stealing focus.
NapMan
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there been any progress made on this? I tried MagicBlock but if I'm playing a game I get bumped to the desktop anyway while it's blocking the popup.
GaryAshburn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My solution was to keep magicJack from starting itself everytime Vista starts. Unfortunately it resets itself up everytime it runs so:

I made a shortcut on my desktop to shut down magicJack.

Download Microsoft PStools
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx

the shortcut points to a batch file called "magicjackexit.bat" in the mjusbsp directory

the contects of the batch file are:

Code:
pskill.exe -t mjsetup.exe
pskill.exe -t magicJack.exe
del C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\cdloader2.exe

I use "magicjackexit" shortcut from my desktop to kill off and remove the autoloading ability of magic jack whenever I am not using it - that solves the problem.
Denver Dave
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kill off and remove the autoloading ability of magic jack whenever I am not using it
I don't see how this has any effect on for me the most important issue - loading of the MJ image upon PC boot.

= = = =

Oh I see. I was confusing this thread with the initial start up image thread:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/stopping-initial-startup-screen-t5830.html

Sorry.

Dave
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I have been doing a lot of research on the magic jack and I am considering picking one up for my upcoming birthday. But one thing that concerns me is I only have a laptop at the moment and it is mainly used for gaming and for watching movies at night.
Now I have gone through and read every post in this thread and so far it seems Mp3Gamer00's software maybe the best solution as I cannot afford for certain games to lose focus as a few will crash if they do...
Now I am quite tech savvy but the less of a hassle the better...
So that being said, I ask, is Mp3Gamer00's software suitable for my needs?
ADDED-NOTE: I should also add in that I will not be using a phone for the magicjack, I intend on using my headset, so I will require softphone functionality...
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have recieved my magicjack and have tried MP3Gamer00's app and it does a good job of removing the ads and hiding MagicJack... but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Mind you I am relying solely on using my headset with MJ so I will not be using a housephone in any form... Any solutions?
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RolandHazoto"but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Any solutions?[/quote]

See magic Block. It keeps MagicJack minimized, and prevents it from stealing focus when a call comes in. (MagicJack actually does steal focus for a split second, but MagicBlock returns focus back to the original window as soon as it hides MagicJack again. This all happens in 1/10th of a second.).

You can do the same thing using AutoIT3 (a free scripting language to automate Windows GUI applications). Just in case you want to do something custom to meet your own needs.

Mark
vdot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Stealing Focus Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
Well I have recieved my magicjack and have tried MP3Gamer00's app and it does a good job of removing the ads and hiding MagicJack... but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Mind you I am relying solely on using my headset with MJ so I will not be using a housephone in any form... Any solutions?

See:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post43197.html#43197

If either solution doesn't work, I *can* get MagicBeans� to do what you need.
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
[quote="RolandHazoto"but it still switches focus when I am playing a game and the phone rings... Any solutions?

See magic Block. It keeps MagicJack minimized, and prevents it from stealing focus when a call comes in. (MagicJack actually does steal focus for a split second, but MagicBlock returns focus back to the original window as soon as it hides MagicJack again. This all happens in 1/10th of a second.).

You can do the same thing using AutoIT3 (a free scripting language to automate Windows GUI applications). Just in case you want to do something custom to meet your own needs.

Mark[/quote]
I tried MagicBlock, it minimized the game on incoming... And just to be certain, I just tried it again, it's not a 1/10th flash, it straight up minimized my game...
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:

I tried MagicBlock, it minimized the game on incoming... And just to be certain, I just tried it again, it's not a 1/10th flash, it straight up minimized my game...

For me, MagicBlock doesn't minimize anything except MagicJack. MagicJack will steal focus for 1/10th second, however long it takes MagicBlock to detect that MagicJack popped up, and for it to set the "hide" attribute (to send it to the tray again).

But, I don't run anything full screen. Maybe that's the difference. Does MagicJack "restore" any application running full screen? (Or, does your game have only maximize and minimize capabilities? No resizeable window?).

Mark
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
RolandHazoto wrote:

For me, MagicBlock doesn't minimize anything except MagicJack. MagicJack will steal focus for 1/10th second, however long it takes MagicBlock to detect that MagicJack popped up, and for it to set the "hide" attribute (to send it to the tray again).

But, I don't run anything full screen. Maybe that's the difference. Does MagicJack "restore" any application running full screen? (Or, does your game have only maximize and minimize capabilities? No resizeable window?).

Mark

MagicBlock doesn't minimize the game, when the softphone rings, the game minimizes and stays minimized. None of the apps I have tried have prevented this from occurring.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
MagicBlock doesn't minimize the game, when the softphone rings, the game minimizes and stays minimized. None of the apps I have tried have prevented this from occurring.

It must be something specific to the game. It detects something took focus (and the game minimizes itself)? I just maximized a couple applications and called myself. MJ popped up over the maximized window. It didn't minimize (or even restore) them.

magicBlock works great for that (normal) condition. There's about a 1/10th second possibility if you're typing into the desired application that a keystroke could trigger the answer/ignore of the popup (if you hit a key at exactly that moment). Otherwise, you don't even notice the popup.

BTW: Vdot's recommendation to set the transparency of the game won't help with that 1/10th second focus change. Making MJ transparent doesn't change the fact that it's still the application with focus (even if only for 1/10th of a second). Making it transparent would be like the guy on the old '70s sitcom "Soap" who would rapidly wave his hand over his face, repeating "I'm invisible, I'm invisible..." Smile

Mark
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
RolandHazoto wrote:

It must be something specific to the game. It detects something took focus (and the game minimizes itself)? I just maximized a couple applications and called myself. MJ popped up over the maximized window. It didn't minimize (or even restore) them.

magicBlock works great for that (normal) condition. There's about a 1/10th second possibility if you're typing into the desired application that a keystroke could trigger the answer/ignore of the popup (if you hit a key at exactly that moment). Otherwise, you don't even notice the popup.

BTW: Vdot's recommendation to set the transparency of the game won't help with that 1/10th second focus change. Making MJ transparent doesn't change the fact that it's still the application with focus (even if only for 1/10th of a second). Making it transparent would be like the guy on the old '70s sitcom "Soap" who would rapidly wave his hand over his face, repeating "I'm invisible, I'm invisible..." Smile

Mark

You fail to understand, fullscreen and maximize work completely different. Try maximizing a video in Windows Media Player and you will not see it affected. Now try fullscreening a video in Window Media Player and you will see the video switch back to windowed/maximized when you call yourself. Give it a shot, you'll see what I mean.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
You fail to understand, fullscreen and maximize work completely different.

Ok, thanks. Good luck.

Mark
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
Try maximizing a video in Windows Media Player and you will not see it affected. Now try fullscreening a video in Window Media Player and you will see the video switch back to windowed/maximized when you call yourself.

It seems this is a standard "full screen" behavior. Not specific to MagicJack.

I just watched a movie in Windows Media Player and activated a different window (the web browser, a folder which was already open on the desktop). Instead of just popping up over the movie as occurs when a window is maximized, the fullscreen movie switches to maximized mode (not minimized).

Calling myself causes the same behavior.

So, this seems to be natural behavior. And, non of the so-called blockers will help because they all detect the condition after it occurs. You could try PM'ing the author of magicBlock and ask him if he can detect the application who's focus was stolen, whether it was in fullscreen mode, and put that application back in fullscreen.

That's probably as good as it gets. Otherwise, spend $60-$100 on an HP thin client. Install MJ on that (or an old laptop if you have one laying around). You'd have other benefits from an always-on, dedicated system.

Mark
RolandHazoto
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

az2008 wrote:
RolandHazoto wrote:
Try maximizing a video in Windows Media Player and you will not see it affected. Now try fullscreening a video in Window Media Player and you will see the video switch back to windowed/maximized when you call yourself.

It seems this is a standard "full screen" behavior. Not specific to MagicJack.

I just watched a movie in Windows Media Player and activated a different window (the web browser, a folder which was already open on the desktop). Instead of just popping up over the movie as occurs when a window is maximized, the fullscreen movie switches to maximized mode (not minimized).

Calling myself causes the same behavior.

So, this seems to be natural behavior. And, non of the so-called blockers will help because they all detect the condition after it occurs. You could try PM'ing the author of magicBlock and ask him if he can detect the application who's focus was stolen, whether it was in fullscreen mode, and put that application back in fullscreen.

That's probably as good as it gets. Otherwise, spend $60-$100 on an HP thin client. Install MJ on that (or an old laptop if you have one laying around). You'd have other benefits from an always-on, dedicated system.

Mark

Well the thing is, my instant messenger plays a sound when I have an e-mail and even has a small notification pop up. But that does not steal focus... Now if someone IM's me, that will steal focus, but that is a setting I can adjust at my choosing...
So, I see no reason why it would not be possible to cause magicjack to just play the ringing noise in the bg so that I know the phone is ringing (just like the email noise when I have an email) and not steal focus...
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RolandHazoto wrote:
So, I see no reason why it would not be possible to cause magicjack to just play the ringing noise in the bg so that I know the phone is ringing (just like the email noise when I have an email) and not steal focus...

I agree. Everyone's said that for 2 years. I just wanted to clarify that it's not really MJ changing your full-screen app to "maximized." That seems to be a natural behavior of Windows when anything becomes "active" when another application is fullscreen.

Most people get by fine with magicBlock. But, you're running a fullscreen application which is different than just needing to keep focus. Even if focus returns to your app so quickly you'd never notice it, the nature of Windows is to kick the fullscreen app to "maximized" (which is different than true, fullscreen).

If you want to pursue it with MJ, there is contact info on the wiki FAQ.

Or, you could check with the author of magicBlock to see if he can detect the app focus went back to and whether it should go back to fullscreen mode.

Or, setup a dedicated MJ system.

Or, I remember people said that running MJ as a different user (under a different profile) prevents pop ups.

Mark
edboyy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a good solution for hiding the MagicJack window for a long time. I even coded my own, the main issue like most other people said was that when watching movies or playing games in full screen, MagicJack steals focus when someone calls or picks up the phone (like my son does 1,000 times a day).

By far, the best solution I have found is Toppy.
Sir_HaXaLoT
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Keep app from popping up. Reply with quote

MagicHack wrote:

I use 4T Tray Minimizer for this type of purpose...I usually disable the ability in the magicJack to minimize to the tray, and instead rely on 4T to do it for me.
MagicHack

This works great for a free tool. Thanks magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: