magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is there a Magic Jack phone directory service?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City Builder
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Is there a Magic Jack phone directory service? Reply with quote

I've lost my contacts due to support telling me to reformat the MJ drive.

I've got a couple of friends that are exclusively on MJ and I don't have their numbers written down anywhere, it was held in the MJ contacts.

Is there a Magic Jack directory where I can try to look up my friends by their name and get their MJ number?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, bud. I'm not aware of a way to look up any numbers like this. However, in the future, remember to back up the file on one of your mJ drives that is called AddressBook.xml. (I'm on a Mac today, and find this inside the magicJack directory on one of the drives. It may look a bit different on Windows. Right-click on each drive that shows up under My Computer, and choose "explore" to see the file structure, and look for this file.) This XML stores all the phone numbers saved in the address book on your mJ, and can be backed up easily and restored easily in case you need to format again.

Good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
phonelover143
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry but I do not know a way to look up a number by using the names. What I know is the reverse of what you are asking. What I know is how to identify the identity of a person just by using their phone numbers. I am sure that what I am saying will not give any help by now but maybe sometime you will also need it.

Reverse Phone Look Up can help you know the name and address of a strange or missing person by using their phone numbers.
bfksc
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a Magic Jack phone directory service? Reply with quote

City Builder wrote:
I've got a couple of friends that are exclusively on MJ and I don't have their numbers written down anywhere, it was held in the MJ contacts.

I have a cell phone and a cordless phone system, but I still write down all important phone numbers in a book just in case there is a failure of some kind.
Paper and ink can't be formatted.
Razz
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a Magic Jack phone directory service? Reply with quote

bfksc wrote:
City Builder wrote:

I have a cell phone and a cordless phone system, but I still write down all important phone numbers in a book just in case there is a failure of some kind.
Paper and ink can't be formatted.
Razz

One time, my house was flooded, and all my papers were soaked, making them stick together and smear the ink.

In an attempt to salvage what I could, I started the fireplace to dry the house out, but my papers caught on fire.

No amount of restore points could bring back my paper data that day, I tell you. Wink
MarkPermenter
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, reverse cell phone lookup tool will give all the information on this number. And you can know your friends address by this tool.
neo2121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you haven't done to much with it other than format it and reinstall...then you might, MIGHT be able to recover the files with usb recovery software. you might want to google "flash drive recovery" and pick a software title and try that out depending on how bad you need the numbers.
murphy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't these friends eventually call you?
Get their number from caller ID or ask them what their number is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: