magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invalid serial number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sethfp
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Invalid serial number Reply with quote

Am using Magicjack Plus, was working OK. Now when plugged into the computer I get "invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live". When plugged into just the power adapter get "sorry there is a system error". Cannot call out or receive calls.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you contacted the so-called "Customer Service Chat" at MagicJack?
sethfp
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Marielle'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554083160793X
Marielle: Hello, how may I help you?
seth pennington: Am using Magicjack Plus, was working OK. Now when plugged into the computer I get "invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live". When plugged into just the power adapter get "sorry there is a system error". Cannot call out or receive calls.
Marielle: Hi Seth
Marielle: okay I see
Marielle: may I know where do you plug in your magicjack plus device right now?
seth pennington: The power adapter into the power outlet.
Marielle: may I know if you can see the 3 lights in your magicjack plus device, the blue, the green and the yellow light?
seth pennington: Blue and green are steady yellow is blinking.
Marielle: okay
Marielle: may I know what can you hear when you are placing a call?
seth pennington: Dial tone.
Marielle: okay
Marielle: can you please plug your magicjack plus device to your computer as of the moment so that we can fix the problem
Marielle: I have not heard from you in a while. Do you wish to continue this chat session?
seth pennington: is plugged into computer now.
Marielle: Is the dial pad up now?
seth pennington: Dial pad is up. Is showing "invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live".
Marielle: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:
Marielle:http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.exe
Marielle: please click and run the link above
Marielle: please tell me once done. Thank you
seth pennington: Done.
Marielle: Is the dial pad up now?
seth pennington: Dial pad is up. Is still showing "invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live".
Marielle: Would you like us to log onto your computer remotely and resolve this issue for you? If yes, I will transfer you to a higher level of support that will take care of this for you.
seth pennington: Yes.
Marielle: as I have checked it here our remote assistance is not available for now.
Marielle: Is it okay with you that you will chat us back later?
seth pennington: When will remote assistance be available?
Marielle: please wait for an hour or two
Marielle: Is that okay with you Seth?
seth pennington: ok.
Marielle: thank you for understanding Seth
Marielle: are we all set for now Seth?
seth pennington: ok.
Marielle: thanks
Marielle: Goodbye and thank you Seth
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat

Our hours of operations are 24 hours per day Monday-Saturday and 10 AM-7PM on Sundays. Please visit us again during our hours of operations.
sethfp
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destiny: Hello, how may I help you?
Destiny: Please wait while I check that for you
Destiny: is your MJ plus device is now connected on your router ?
seth pennington: yes
Destiny: Is there a green , yellow and blue light on your MJ plus device ?
seth pennington: Am using Magicjack Plus, was working OK. Now when plugged into the computer I get "invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live". When plugged into just the power adapter get "sorry there is a system error". Cannot call out or receive calls.
Destiny: do you hear a dial tone ?
Destiny: plug it on your pc
Destiny: to check some settings
seth pennington: ok
Destiny: inform me once its plug in
seth pennington: is in
Destiny: Is the magicjack dial pad visible on your screen now ?
seth pennington: Dial pad is up. Is still showing "invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live".
Destiny: >>> Please click the �START�(WINDOWS LOGO) button and select �Control Panel�. On the upper right side please click the dropdown menu next to View by and Select �Small Icons�. then double click on the Device Manager.
Destiny: On the device manager, please click on the + sign for DVD/CD ROM Drives. You should see YMAX MagicJack USB Device or TigerJet CD-Rom USB Device there.
seth pennington: found it
Destiny: Please double-click YMAX MagicJack USB Device or TigerJet HardDisk USB Device >> Then go to Details tab.
Destiny: In the drop-down list., please choose Device Instance Id or Device Instance Path in the drop-down list.
Destiny: can you see something like USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_ TIGERJET&PROD_ HARDDISK&REV_ V2.0\7&1335DE08&0&A9210503028182&0?
Destiny: Please click on that value to highlight it, then copy the information by pressing the CTRL and C keys on your keyboard together. Then right click on this chat and select Paste.
seth pennington:USBSTOR\CDROM&VEN_YMAXCORP&PROD_MAGICJACKPLUS_CD&REV_3.00\7&3292A81C&0&0123456EE880&0
Destiny: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Rodney'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554083215548X
Rodney: Hello. My name is Rodney. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.
Rodney: Thank you for patiently waiting.
Rodney: Did you see the A921.. or A11?
seth pennington: where
Rodney: May I ask where is the magicJack device plugged in right now?
seth pennington: usb port on computer
Rodney: DO you see the dial pad on your computer screen with error message?
Rodney: Can I have the exact error message
Rodney: ?
seth pennington: invalid serial number oracle_magicjack live
Rodney: Thank you, Seth.
Rodney: Please open new Internet Explorer browser and then click on Tools and then click on Internet options.
Rodney: Please click on "Privacy" tab, slide the bar down to "Accept all cookies". Under "Security" tab, click on "Trusted Sites" then click the "Sites" button. Un-check the box at the bottom left of the window that says "Require Server Verification".
seth pennington: is done
Rodney: Thank you.
Rodney: Unplug the magic jack and plug it back into a different usb port after 20 seconds.
seth pennington: same problem
Rodney: Okay.
Rodney: Click start menu/start button then click RUN. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter key on your keyboard or click start menu/start button then click Control Panel and double click device manager.
seth pennington: is done
Rodney: At Device Manager window, click + to the left of Disk drives. (Do you see YMAX MagicJack USB Device or Tigerjet Harddisk USB Device?)
Rodney: Right click on YMAX MagicJack USB Device or Tigerjet Harddisk USB Device and select Uninstall.
seth pennington: done
Rodney: Click + to the left of DVD/CD drives. (Do you see YMAX MagicJack USB Device or TigerJet CD-ROM USB Device?)
seth pennington: is there
Rodney: Right click on YMAX MagicJack USB Device or TigerJet CD-ROM USB Device and select Uninstall.
seth pennington: "to finish must first restart your computer"
Rodney: Please click on yes Seth to completely update the driver. Do not worry,This chat is recorded and saved in our database for future reference.
For your convenience, you can save this ticket number for easy tracking of your chat history with us ("LTK554083215548X"). You can ask for me or any supervisor right away in your next chat inquiry, and there is no need to start all over again.
Rodney: Thank you, Seth.,
Rodney: Please plug in the device after that then place a call.
Rodney: Thank you, Seth
Rodney: .
seth pennington: rebooting
Rodney: Thank you. That should helo.
Rodney: HelP**
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, did it work?
sethfp
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: