magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increase the Number of Rings in MJ's Voicemail?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yechi7
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Increase the Number of Rings in MJ's Voicemail? Reply with quote

I'm looking for a way to increase the number of rings in MJ's voicemail, so I can give my home phone answering machine a chance to pick up. MJ picks up at 4 rings & my phone answering machine can only be set to 2, 4, 6, or 8 rings. I can't set my home phone answering machine to 3 rings to pick up before MJ. And 2 rings doesn't give me enough time to run to the phone to pick up before the answering machine. When I set it to 4 rings, MJ beats it to the punch & its voicemail picks up first.

The only solution would be to deactivate MJ's voicemail or to have a feature that would set MJ's pickup at higher than 4 rings. Any ideas, tricks or hacks that would help?
rbelk
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it can't be done.
vdot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelk wrote:
Sorry, it can't be done.

For the time being Very Happy

(but I have two ideas on how it might be done it in the second
release of MagicBeans�)
celticdal
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Change the ring number before VM Reply with quote

Can't change the number f rings but you can change the amount of time before VM picks up. Go to my above the end send buttons. You can then on off vm and change the time from a few seconds to 3 minutes I think good luck
kiki
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Change the ring number before VM Reply with quote

celticdal wrote:
Go to my above the end send buttons.

Where are the 'my above the end send' buttons?

Thanks
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Change the ring number before VM Reply with quote

[quote="kiki"]
celticdal wrote:

Thanks

Ignore everything posted above, because what you want to do CAN be done and it's VERY simple.

Just log into your MJ account online, click on Call Features, scroll down to Voicemail On/Off/Delay (or whatever it's actually labeled - you'll know it when you see it), make sure that voicemail for the device is turned ON, and set the voicemail delay for it to at least 30 seconds (30 seconds usually provides 6-7 rings before MJ voicemail kicks in) - but feel free to set it even longer if you want it to give you even more rings just to make sure.
kiki
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Change the ring number before VM Reply with quote

[quote="SteveHC"]
kiki wrote:
celticdal wrote:

Thanks

Ignore everything posted above, because what you want to do CAN be done and it's VERY simple.

Just log into your MJ account online, click on Call Features, scroll down to Voicemail On/Off/Delay (or whatever it's actually labeled - you'll know it when you see it), make sure that voicemail for the device is turned ON, and set the voicemail delay for it to at least 30 seconds (30 seconds usually provides 6-7 rings before MJ voicemail kicks in) - but feel free to set it even longer if you want it to give you even more rings just to make sure.

Thank you!
pbmoore
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Voicemail Rings Reply with quote

I am not sure who you people are calling but 6-7 rings is NOT ACCEPTABLE!
I am ex-telecom and we did plenty of research to show that people generally hang up on a max of 4 rings. I generally hang up after 3 rings.
If they are on cellphone they answer after about 2 rings or press "busy" or "don't answer" and the call is supposed to be sent to voicemail.
Now here is where I am losing it. MagicJack used to have a 3 second setting. It is now 5!!!!!
So my client (I recommended he use MJ) is a realtor.
Five seconds = 9 rings!!!!
How many of you people will wait 9 rings for an answer?
He is blaming me for loss of business.
I am blaming MJ. What are they thinking?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"pbmoore" - I don't understand what you're talking about nor complaining about. With the MJ voicemail system, setting it to 25-30 seconds before an incoming call goes to VM results in the caller and receiver hearing about *6* rings before it goes to VM. And, naturally, the receiver can always pick up the call *before* that point in time...
pbmoore
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Voicemail Rings Reply with quote

Not sure what YOU are talking about! 6 Rings is 2 rings too many!
I am not talking about sitting beside the computer listening to rings and waiting to pick it up. Nor do I care if it goes to the call logging. What I am concerned about is the caller who thinks he is calling someone who can't afford either a receptionist or a voicemail system.
And I am STILL getting 9 rings before it goes to voicemail!
That's what I am complaining about!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SteveHC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Voicemail Rings Reply with quote

pbmoore wrote:
Not sure what YOU are talking about! 6 Rings is 2 rings too many!
I am not talking about sitting beside the computer listening to rings and waiting to pick it up. Nor do I care if it goes to the call logging. What I am concerned about is the caller who thinks he is calling someone who can't afford either a receptionist or a voicemail system.
And I am STILL getting 9 rings before it goes to voicemail!
That's what I am complaining about!

- Well, most cellular provider's default is 6 rings before VM picks up. And you're the *only* person that I know of who says they're getting 9 rings on a 5-second delay setting - which leads me to believe that MJ may need to "reset" your VM settings for you. I suggest that you start a live help chat with them to see if they can fix this for you, because you are *not* supposed to be experiencing 9 rings on a 5-second delay setting (on such a setting you're supposed to get only one ring, 2 max.). Pretty much everybody else has found that 25 secs=6 rings, and many have actually had to set it to 30 secs to get 6 rings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: