magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inbound CID on MJ+ - Incorrect Date/Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmkling525
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hp - has someone tried to call you yet that isn't in your contact list on the soft phone? if so, did the date and time stay correct? (other than the time zone thing)
aerospacecase
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set the time and date on my phone using Pacific time but it has been changing to Eastern time. It turns out that anytime someone calls, the Caller ID automatically resets the time. I guess the MagicJack server is set to Eastern time and cannot be changed in the settings. I hope the engineers are aware of this problem and will address it in a future update.
fsudan21
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: MJ+ Wrong CID time Reply with quote

I wanted to bring this topic up again since 2011 was the last dated entry.

I bought MJ+ about 6 months ago and the CID time has always been 1 hour behind real time, which for me is EDT. I see most people post that their timestamp is ET, but I'm in ET and it's incorrect.

When I run MJ+ through my computer, the CID timestamp is correct, but when run through the router, it's 1 hour behind. Yes, I've checked the router time: it's correct and set to EDT.

Any other thoughts?
FirePro
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: TimeZone Issue With MJ+ Reply with quote

Continuing to have the same problem as well. Initially it was registering ET, but is now on CT. Unfortunately I am on Mountain Time. I also have the Panasonic Cordless set mentioned by another user. He asked, but as far as I can tell never answered, how to set the phone to manual time, instead of automatic. Every time I set the phone in settings, it is overwritten in MJ almost immediately. Sure would appreciate a fix, since as mentioned it messes with voicemail messages, etc. Thanks for any help.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those in Eastern Time, wait a week. Chances are the time will be correct again, when Daylight Saving Time ends.

Keith, who has one phone system that can turn off being set automatically, and one that can't...
silk42
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmkling525 wrote:
How do I set the handset to manual instead of automatic?

I'm not sure if all the Panasonic models work the same, but for my KX-TGA401 here are the steps I took to turn off the time's automatic setting.

Press "Menu"
Scrolll Up or Down to "Set date & time" and press select
Scroll Up or Down to "Time adjustment" and press select
Scroll Down to "Manual" and press save

Now the time is no longer changed when you receive a call.
DrBob
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: TimeZone Issue With MJ+ Reply with quote

FirePro wrote:
Continuing to have the same problem as well. Initially it was registering ET, but is now on CT. Unfortunately I am on Mountain Time. I also have the Panasonic Cordless set mentioned by another user. He asked, but as far as I can tell never answered, how to set the phone to manual time, instead of automatic. Every time I set the phone in settings, it is overwritten in MJ almost immediately. Sure would appreciate a fix, since as mentioned it messes with voicemail messages, etc. Thanks for any help.

Find it somewhat amazing that this is still a problem. I have connected Magic Jack Plus to my router and the caller ID overwrites my phone time and resets it to Central Time (I am in EDT). My router has the correct time zone and time set. When I first checked the router, it was set to central time! I corrected that, but MJ won't correct the time - it keeps resetting the time to Central. I've unplugged and replugged MJ, but still not setting the time correctly.

I've changed my phone to manual time setting so it won't keep changing the time, but clearly this should have been fixed long ago.

Anyone know if a fix was ever found for this bug??
Savario
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silk42 wrote:
rmkling525 wrote:
How do I set the handset to manual instead of automatic?

I'm not sure if all the Panasonic models work the same, but for my KX-TGA401 here are the steps I took to turn off the time's automatic setting.

Press "Menu"
Scrolll Up or Down to "Set date & time" and press select
Scroll Up or Down to "Time adjustment" and press select
Scroll Down to "Manual" and press save

Now the time is no longer changed when you receive a call.

I have tested this and can confirm this is a problem with the time generated from MagicJack's Caller ID service where it returns the TIME= and DATE= information on the telephone line for Caller ID devices/phones to decode.

This option to set to manual time is not available on all phones with caller id display. There are some phones that allow you to set a manual time/date, but when an incoming call is received, the CALLER ID information will change the existing date/time to whatever is listed in the CALLER ID's TIME= and DATE= result codes set by the "phone company".

MagicJack is reporting the wrong time for TIME= and it is 1 hour back and this causes some phones to reset the time 1 hour back automatically.

Some cordless phones like some Motorola models don't have the option to override automatic time/date setting. So unless MagicJack fixes this problem, you're SOL.

BTW. I don't see anywhere you can adjust your local time zone in MagicJack accounts, so where do they base the time information from? your registered address?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: