magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have to unplug and plug back in on startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanf
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: I have to unplug and plug back in on startup Reply with quote

I have a 2014 plus and have a problem that many calls to MJ has not solved.

I have all of my electronics (router MJ plus 2014 computer etc.) on one power bar which I turn off at night.

When I turn it back on in the AM, I have to unplug the MJ from the plug for a few seconds and then replug it in to get it to work. Then it is fine.

Does the same thing with another wall plug that I believe is on the same house circuit breaker. It may be a ground loop issue, but why would it work after I unplug it and then replug it?

I have the MJ plugged into a router which is plugged into the modem.

Modem =Cysco DPC 3825

Router = Belkin F5D7230-4 Wireless G router

Anyone know how to fix it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: