magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I can hear them, they can not hear me
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenny2469
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: I can hear them, they can not hear me Reply with quote

This started after the Lucky You upgrade.

On outgoing calls the other party can not hear me
but I can hear them. Incoming is just fine.

If I use the flash button to put on hold, then come back,
all is well, we can hear each other.

Anyone else having this? is there a fix?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: I have same problem. Reply with quote

Kenny, I have the same problem. It began when I plugged my MJ in on Saturday night, Oct. 23, and received the Lucky You new upgrade. However, some numbers I called could hear me perfectly; some numbers I called could not hear me at all, and the problem was consistent with all those particular numbers. For example: a person in area code 423 could not hear me, but a person in area code 405 heard me perfectly. A person in area code 646 could hear me, but a person in 910 could not hear me.

I spent three hours Saturday night in the online support chat with three support techies that sent me through the same hoops three times and the problem was not solved. I spent about two hours on Sunday with three support techies with the same results. The last supervisor techie told me the problem was being sent to their technical engineers who would be working on it because other MJ users had reported the same problem. That techie wrote in the chat: "Our technical engineers are currently working on it. We will resolve the problem on our end. It will take a while to resolve this problem, but you will receive an email notification about the matter."

Thus far, the problem is not resolved and I have not received any notification from anyone at MJ support. I am a very unhappy camper.

Thanks for mentioning hitting the flash button to clear up the problem on your end. I will try that to see if it works for me. In the mean time, if other MJ users are experiencing the same problem, as the techie said, then why isn't this forum flooded with comments about it?
Crying or Very sad
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I tried hitting the Flash button on my phone and that only created a weird buzzing sound with the person at the other end still not able to hear me. So I called again and clicked the hang up button on the phone twice and the person could hear me, however, the person said that every syllable I spoke had static attached to it. Wonderful. That's never happened before; before using the flash technique everybody says the sound was clear as a bell.

I am seriously doubting that I will renew MJ in May when renewal time comes up.
jrsauer64
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Lucky Us Reply with quote

Having same problem...just started today. All calls from MJ work fine. Incoming from both landline and cell...they hear me..I can't hear them. Went thru the whole run fix-it and port set up routine with magicjack.

Even deleted folder and reinstalled...tested...no good..upgraded nada. Even tried restoring my system to Monday.

What the heck did they do?
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly suspect it has something to do with the last "Lucky You" update they created. My MJ did not have this problem before that update.

You can forget contacting the dips at their support chat. They will run you through all the procedures they have in their generic prompt book and none of them will solve anything. Been there, done that, five times even. I found Dan Borislow's email address and I will be emailing him personally tomorrow, IF he hasn't cancelled that email address, and tell him that the six support book readers I dealt with didn't resolve anything and two "top 10% agents" just quit and gave me the old "we will notify you by email" bullshit. Borislow owes me a solution or my money back. Exclamation
Lindy A.
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Waco, Texas. I too am having the outgoing MJ phone problem, just started a few days ago. I have two MJ's, both on different laptop computers (Vista), both on wireless Belkin router. I have had one of my MJ for about 3 years and the other one for 2 years ...never had this problem before. All incoming calls I can hear them and they can hear me ...all outgoing calls go through to the person I am calling, I hear them answer their phones, but they only get dead silence from me. So, I have to call them on my cell phone; asking them to call me back on my MJ phones (both my MJ phones I use for business purposes).

I have done the "live" chat thing, first 3 days ago when the problem started... was told that they were aware of the problem and that their engineers were working on it; futhermore, that I would be getting an email in regards to this issue. Now, 3 days later, still no one I call can hear me (although the call does ring through to them; they see my MJ number come up on their caller ID, calling me back to say that they saw my number come up but heard nothing, when they call me we can both hear each other just fine). I just found this MJ forum; I no longer feel like the Lone Ranger since obviously others are having this identical problem as well. I told the live chat person that Mr. Magic Jack needed to contact David Copperfield (instead of their engineers that have not yet fixed the problem) since he might be able to perform the magic needed to fix the problem; if they didn't work call a Priest to perform an exorcism to get this devilish problem out of my MJ phone lines.

I wondered why they wanted to know what router I was using and its model number ... after reading some of the posts on this subject (one saying no problem if computer that MJ is plugged into if router is cable connected to the computer (in lieu of wireless router) ... I couldn't do this anyway; we have a large house and I don't want to run cables all over thorugh it (even it I did so I have my doubts that would solve anything).

I have customer all over the USA; I talk to dozens of people every day in every State, including Canada ... at least when they call me I can hear them and they can hear me ...but, that is only half the reason for the MJ phones since I need them for making outbound calls as well. Sure hope that the problem "at their MJ corperate headquarters end is cleared up soon (like by the time I wake up in the morning and start my business day.
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath while waiting. I'm still waiting for that email to tell me about my problem of not being heard by the person I'm calling. I hope everyone here stays tuned and will let the others know if they actually hear back from anyone at MJ.
mphixson
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same issue for me as well. started yesterday. something changed on their end, but naturally they still don't have a status page to inform you of any upgrades or service outages...
let's hope they solve the issue soon.
Lindy A.
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happy to report that I "can make outbound calls today and the people I am calling (all over the country, since it is one of my business lines) CAN HEAR ME. I think they got the Gremlin out of my MJ ...I have called from Texas to: Indiana, Illinios, New York, Florida, Tennessee, and Alabama this morning ... "it's so nice to hear HELLO on the other end of the line when I am making a call and their being ABLE to HEAR ME AGAIN." I have still not received a email from MJ telling me what the problem was, or that it has been fixed, but there must be hope for everyone that it can be fixed because after 3 days of me saying to those I have called "can you hear me now, they finally CAN!
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have to do anything to your MJ, or did you just call someone and find out they can hear you now?
Nugrl
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, I am curious too because I am having a problem that my outgoing calls are fine, can hear both ends, but incoming, they can hear me but I can not hear them. The problem still exists as of 15 minutes ago for me. I hope it was just a server issue and it will be resolved soon.
Nick7621
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindy, I just tried mine and some people I call still can't hear me. I can hear them fine saying "hello, hello," but they still can't hear me. I tried the flash button thing a few days ago and that worked then, but today that doesn't work.

Nugrl, I think your problem is being discussed on another Technical Support thread.
Nugrl
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick7621 wrote:

Nugrl, I think your problem is being discussed on another Technical Support thread.[/b]

yes it is, but my problem still exists and I just thought I would hop over here and see if you guys were having any luck....
Lindy A.
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st call I tried making this morning worked ... I was sort of shocked that it did. I called a customer of mine in Indiana (from Texas), they answered the phone, the first thing I said was "can you hear me?" they replied "YES" (I was elated to FINALLY BE HEARD after 3 days of the "outgoing calls with no one being able to hear me). I can make calls all over the country (business as usual) again ...either I'm very lucky, in which case maybe I should make a trip to Las Vegas; or, MJ is resolving their problem (just my area/region being taken care of first); hopefully I am not just temporarily seeing the light of day for a short period only to have dark skies appear again.
MotBone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: I hear them, they don't hear me Reply with quote

I seem to be having the same problems with the new update (I now have 2.04). I first noticed it on Oct 23, not having used the MJ since the 10th. I have two MJ & 2 computers on my router. If I call MJ to MJ works OK if I call from my "Land Line" to either MJ it works OK. However if I call from MJ to LL I have no audio from the MJ to the LL, until I put the call on hold & wait till music starts, then when I hit resume, I have audio both ways. I have used the MJ hardware at another site, It was a first time on that machine so must have been new SW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: