magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HUGE Magic Jack Android issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimRollins
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: HUGE Magic Jack Android issue Reply with quote

I have multiple Magic Jack accounts where I have given phones to friends and family. I downloaded the Android app which seemed to work fine until I made a shocking discovery. The application loaded the contacts list from every Magic Jack number on the account into the Magic Jack contact list on the Android. Now everyone that has a phone on that account has access to everyone's contact list? Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a serious problem both security and otherwise?

I contacted them via their chat connection. Weak response that they are looking into it. No further feedback from them.
noodler2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like an easy solution - let your friends and family register new accounts for themselves, or at least take the time to set it up for them.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noodler2 wrote:
Seems like an easy solution - let your friends and family register new accounts for themselves, or at least take the time to set it up for them.
Tim's family may be overseas, making that difficult. Perhaps an alternative method might be to use the android contacts exclusively on the android app and delete all contacts in the magicJack website interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: