magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to "Reset" MagicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: How to "Reset" MagicJack Reply with quote

I remember seeing this in the MJ Forum but can't remember exactly what to delete.

What Files on which of the two USB drives that show up do you have to Delete to "Reset" the MJ?

1. Why?
I have multiple MJs and for some reason out of the blue one of them changed its info to match another one and does not work.

2. Tried removing the files off of the "Phone" drive and now get the Registration screen but have
"Please connect to the Internet, then double click here" shows up in Softphone . Mad (Always on Internet BTW) ]

3. When you double-click you get
"magicJack was unable to contact our registration server.
Please check your internet connection.
If you can browse other web pages, it means our server is temporarily down. Please restart the phone again in a few minutes.
We apologize for any inconvenience."

4. FYI: SIP "Handshake" in F i d d l e r seems correct.

Would like to clear it so that I can reenter Email addr & Password and get re-connected.

The proper instructions were posted in the "official" Forum before.

PS: All have unique Email addresses when they were registered

Thanks
MagicHack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How to "Reset" MagicJack Reply with quote

testing123 wrote:
I remember seeing this in the MJ Forum but can't remember exactly what to delete.

What Files on which of the two USB drives that show up do you have to Delete to "Reset" the MJ?

1. Why?
I have multiple MJs and for some reason out of the blue one of them changed its info to match another one and does not work.

2. Tried removing the files off of the "Phone" drive and now get the Registration screen but have
"Please connect to the Internet, then double click here" shows up in Softphone . Mad (Always on Internet BTW) ]

If you can browse other web pages, it means our server is temporarily down. Please restart the phone again in a few minutes.

Would like to clear it so that I can reenter Email addr & Password and get re-connected.

Thanks

I've never actually done this, but I believe all you need to do is delete (or format) your magicJack drive. It would be listed like "Vista Only" or "Phone" or something like that in explorer.

As you know, there are 2 'drives' which get mounted when you insert your jack. One is a 'CD Rom' drive (AKA read only), and the other one contains the data you probably want to delete. Assuming you display hidden files, I'm guessing that you can simply rename the "magicJack" folder on this drive, then run the mjrecover
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How to "Reset" MagicJack Reply with quote

MagicHack, thanks. I couldn't remember which of the two for the life of me. Unless it REALLY is a CD, it never really is read-only. Twisted Evil

[quote="MagicHack"]
testing123 wrote:

1. Why?

Thanks

I've never actually done this, but I believe all you need to do is delete (or format) your magicJack drive. It would be listed like "Vista Only" or "Phone" or something like that in explorer.

As you know, there are 2 'drives' which get mounted when you insert your jack. One is a 'CD Rom' drive (AKA read only), and the other one contains the data you probably want to delete. Assuming you display hidden files, I'm guessing that you can simply rename the "magicJack" folder on this drive, then run the mjrecover[/quot
eaganfox
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Vista 64. When I run mjrecover, at the end of the installation I get a message stating NO DEVICE FOUND, although my USB drive does have an entry in Windows Explorer. The CDROM does not appear in Windows Explorer.
rick.1973
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had similar issue and used a powered USB hub, running 100% now. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: