magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW REGISTER A MAGICJACK TO USE IT WITH AN ASTERISK PBX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westonbluecarlos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: HOW REGISTER A MAGICJACK TO USE IT WITH AN ASTERISK PBX Reply with quote

I have a PBX at home based on Asterisk and I want to use my MAGICJACK with it. Right now I am using it but using the dongle in another computer and hooking the RJ11 out of the magicjack to an FXO port in my PBX.
The really and best way to do this is to register my magicjack as a trunk and do not use the dongle. The deal is HOW CAN I DISCOVER MY MAGICJACK CREDENTIALS. I need user, password and proxy for Magicjack or talk4free.com. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks in advance CArlos Smile
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW REGISTER A MAGICJACK TO USE IT WITH AN ASTERISK PBX Reply with quote

westonbluecarlos wrote:
I have a PBX at home based on Asterisk and I want to use my MAGICJACK with it. Right now I am using it but using the dongle in another computer and hooking the RJ11 out of the magicjack to an FXO port in my PBX.
The really and best way to do this is to register my magicjack as a trunk and do not use the dongle. The deal is HOW CAN I DISCOVER MY MAGICJACK CREDENTIALS. I need user, password and proxy for Magicjack or talk4free.com. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks in advance CArlos Smile

Welcome to the forum, let me introduce you to my friend, Mr. Search...
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently the only public way to obtain your SIP info is to Dump the memory in some fashion. IF you do this on a PC timing is the most important part for when to dump. If you do this from a MAC there is no timing issue...There is an authentication issue once you have your SIP info though, what that means is you will need to use some flavor of MJMD5 for that. There is a good post here for asterisk patching for older versions of asterisk. It works just takes some know how and you need to be rather proficient with asterisk
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo2121 wrote:
There is an authentication issue once you have your SIP info though, what that means is you will need to use some flavor of MJMD5 for that.

MJMD5 is not universally required. Depends on the vintage of your mj dongle/credentials. Should try with, as this is the most likely scenario, and then without, depending.....
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true, all accounts require some form or another. I have many magicjacks, some really old ones where the password has never changed but they now require it. And any new one for sure require it I do about 5 new magicjacks a day and haven't gotten one to not need some form of a proxy setup. Its all in the DBKEY that gets passed to the server their authentication process has been modified so it isn't the industry SIP standard.
westonbluecarlos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So please sorry about my ignorance, is it possible to get the credentials of my MJ so I can register as a trunk in my Asterisk Based PBX or not. Can be a little bit more clear or use a "for dummies" language. Best regards and thanks for your effort explaining the way if it is some.
patppp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westonbluecarlos wrote:
So please sorry about my ignorance, is it possible to get the credentials of my MJ so I can register as a trunk in my Asterisk Based PBX or not. Can be a little bit more clear or use a "for dummies" language. Best regards and thanks for your effort explaining the way if it is some.

as said before use the search tool, there is a whole thread with step by step explanation how to patch your asterisk to make it compatible with majicJack.

Yes you can do it, but read the thread as I won't try to summarize twenty pages of info in one post because you haven't search before asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: