magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
how do i register a used magic jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunaray
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: how do i register a used magic jack Reply with quote

I bought a Magic Jack from Amazon and apparently it is used and already registered because it keeps asking me for my user name and password, and I can't get to the registration form to register it in my name! What can I do?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: how do i register a used magic jack Reply with quote

lunaray wrote:
I bought a Magic Jack from Amazon and apparently it is used and already registered because it keeps asking me for my user name and password, and I can't get to the registration form to register it in my name! What can I do?

IF you are lucky, and you may not be, MJ online tech support chat MIGHT be able to help you. If not then you bought a paperweight or use it the way it is and registered to who it is registered too.
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: how do i register a used magic jack Reply with quote

lunaray wrote:

I hope you got a major discount on that! Did Amazon specify that it was used? You could always a.n.i. the number associated with the mj and use it(that's if it still has an active account).

edit: I'm assuming it's a plus. Not sure you can use it if it's an original mj(being that you cant load the software? Or maybe you can?) Joe would know that one. Question

edit #2: Just read your post Joe. I see you've already advised O.P. of this option. Still waking up. Doh! Wink
lunaray
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: how do i register a used magic jack Reply with quote

mjplus2000 wrote:
lunaray wrote:

I hope you got a major discount on that! Did Amazon specify that it was used? You could always a.n.i. the number associated with the mj and use it(that's if it still has an active account).

edit: I'm assuming it's a plus. Not sure you can use it if it's an original mj(being that you cant load the software? Or maybe you can?) Joe would know that one. Question

edit #2: Just read your post Joe. I see you've already advised O.P. of this option. Still waking up. Doh! Wink
Unfortunately it is a 2009 version, not a Plus. I can't remember if Amazon stated that it was used or not. but that shouldn't make a difference, if they sold me something that isn't going to work, they had better give me a refund ($32 BTW). It did come from one of Amazon's resellers, but again, I went to Amazon to get it. I emailed the reseller and he admitted that he was the original registrant, but he wasn't much help, he told me to try and hook up with MJ support chat, Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Thanks for your suggestions, you too Joe!

Ray
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my dealings with Amazon tells me they stand behind what they sell 100%. Just call them ( 1-800-201-7575) explain to them what happened and they will either offer you a refund or replacement and if you ask them they will even send you a label to ship it back on their dime, since it was their mistake.
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
All my dealings with Amazon tells me they stand behind what they sell 100%. Just call them ( 1-800-201-7575) explain to them what happened and they will either offer you a refund or replacement and if you ask them they will even send you a label to ship it back on their dime, since it was their mistake.

Good point on a replacement. Maybe they can send you a new plus for the same price. That would be a good deal.
siratfus
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjplus2000 wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Good point on a replacement. Maybe they can send you a new plus for the same price. That would be a good deal.

You guys are confusing Amazon with Amazon Merchants. As the OP already mentioned, he talked to the seller already. Just an individual person selling used stuff on Amazon, just like eBay. Amazon will not give him a replacement, he didn't order it from them. Just like eBay's buyer protection and dispute process, he'll have to go through Amazon's equivalent process.
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch $32 for a used unit... You can pick up new ones on ebay for $25 shipped...
vince30
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siratfus wrote:
You guys are confusing Amazon with Amazon Merchants. As the OP already mentioned, he talked to the seller already. Just an individual person selling used stuff on Amazon, just like eBay. Amazon will not give him a replacement, he didn't order it from them. Just like eBay's buyer protection and dispute process, he'll have to go through Amazon's equivalent process.

Actually Amazon holds their merchants to the same policies. I recently bought a "new" fly rod from one of their sellers. I received a used fly rod. After trying to work it out with the seller didn't work, I simply filed a claim with Amazon. They refunded the money and I didn't have to return the rod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: