magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with playing wav files from MJ on smartphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill4444
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: help with playing wav files from MJ on smartphone Reply with quote

Hi all, hope I am in the right forum for this question. If not I am sorry.

When someone leaves a message on MJ and I have it forwarded to my cell phone, it is a wav file. I do not have a program on my smart phone to play the wav file to listen to the message. can anyone suggest what app to download on smart phone so I can play the wav file. Thanks Sad
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WavPlayer is the one I have seen, if we are talking about an Android.

Cost is $.99.

Keith
Paul777
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this service... it's free or for a one time fee it's lifetime service...

http://www.phoneconvert.com

Or better yet tell us what smart phone you have and I bet there are free apps that will do same thing.

Note: if it's an android device try the free version of this app - Remote Wave Free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toremote.audio.freeplayer&hl=en
matt0401
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Remote Wave myself. The free version works fine.

I love how the voicemail works. I use WIND Mobile as my cell provider and they charge $8 for voicemail so I just forward calls missed from my cell to my MJ number and it goes right to voicemail if nobody at home picks up. (At home we just pick up incoming calls that we know are for us and field the rest). In Gmail I forward the voicemail emails to the other people at home so we all can instantly get our voicemails on our smart phones and easily access them via the email apps, and get free records.
RanDAnn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Windows 7 phone. It will play .WAV files as follows: When I get a MJ email notification with the voice message attached, my Win7 phone does not see it as a .WAV file. However, when I download the email that came from MJ to my desktop email system (Outlook & previously Outlook Express) I can see the attachment is a .WAV file and it plays on my desktop. Now, here is what confuses me; when i forward the MJ email from my desktop to myself, and it shows up on my Win7 phone, the attachment is now seen as a .WAV file and plays perfectly on my Win7 phone. BTW, I have not installed any apps on my Win7 phone (except Adobe Reader), so I know Win7 on my Samsung Focus phone can play a .WAV file, it just can't play the file when it comes directly from MJ. I have to forward it back to myself and when the Win7 phone sees it, it now sees it as a .WAV file and plays it. So my question is, What is it about the .WAV file attached to a MJ email that keeps my Win7 from seeing that it is a .WAV file???? Also, forwarding the MJ email to myself from the Win7 phone does not help--it still will not play. Something about receiving the attachment on my desktop and sending it out from my desktop, makes it recognizable to the Win7 phone. I wish someone at MJ could solve this so I can play the file on my Win7 phone immediately. Thanks for listening (reading)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: