magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help, my house phone does not ring anymore, and no dial tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moose
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: help, my house phone does not ring anymore, and no dial tone Reply with quote

I've tried everything.
I cannot get my house phone to ring.
I don't have a dial tone to call out, I've also tried a separate corded phone.
This is a new problem, worked fine for 6 months.

Last edited by Moose on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: help, my house phone does not ring, and no dial tone Reply with quote

Moose wrote:
I've tried everything.

2 things: Make sure you have disconnect the Tel.Co feed outside your home and your USB may not have enough power to drive your house phones and you might need a POWERED usb hub...

If you have not done the first it is POSSIBLE you may have fried your MJ if an incoming call came in while it was connected to your house line.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: help, my house phone does not ring anymore, and no dial Reply with quote

Moose wrote:
I've tried everything.
This is a new problem, worked fine for 6 months.

Does your MJ work with a single phone handset connected directly to the rj11 jack on the dongle?

IOW, is your MJ still functional?
Moose
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, MJ is still functional, however after reloading it, I can only make one call, then no dial tone and no one can call me, as the phone won't ring.
I have to reinstall it every time I use it to make a call. This just started happening a couple of days ago.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose wrote:
Yes, MJ is still functional, however after reloading it, I can only make one call, then no dial tone and no one can call me, as the phone won't ring.
I have to reinstall it every time I use it to make a call. This just started happening a couple of days ago.

Since you say it stared a couple of days ago, what did you do a couple of days ago?? Meaning, did you add any new software? Make any changes AT ALL to your Mac? Can you run Go Back to a point prior to your MJ not working?
Something HAD to have changed somewhere.
Can you run your MJ like it was designed. meaning plugged into your USB port and a single phone, not the whole house line.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VPrime
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this exact same issue on a 2009 Mac mini.
There is no extra software installed as it is just a media server for our house.
Running osx 10.6.5 and the latest magic jack update.
peterna
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Phone not ringing, etc. Fix on 5/27 Reply with quote

Had a very long, two "level', friendly "Chat" with MJ yesterday.
Finally, second Tech person had me reformat --- to Mac OS Extended (Journaled)--- and erase MJ Device (which is, or at least, acts like, an external HD).
By the way, Device was originally DOS formatted which may have caused the problem as other things may have recently changed in my system. Note the creation date on the following new "Setup" installer is dated 5/18/11 which indicates only a very recent fix was worked out by MJ.)
Tech person supplied link for new "Setup" dmg as follows: http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/magicJackSetup.dmg
Installed this and "SoftPad" mounted on desktop, but would only work for one call.
Was then told to shut down iMac for 5 min and then restart!
After restart, thankfully, system has been working since then.
Have had no MJ problems for about 8 mos.
The two Tech people I "Chatted" with were very helpful.
Note that I am running OSX 10.6.5 so no problem due to newest OSX.
Be careful with above as it's only an outline and it might be MUCH BETTER to just go to a "Chat" with MJ and just think through the above to anticipate what your going to encounter.
mynabyrd
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Same issue since last upgrade Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue since the last upgrade yesterday or the day before. No calls come in and no dialtone. Was working fine before they did the upgrade.

Have checked the handset/phone settings, and aircard setting, and reset the magicjack. Also now requires login with every restart, which it didn't do before, and my roommate's magicjack doesn't require that on her PC. Her upgrade went smoothly.
jackikes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: No dile tone can not use a phone Reply with quote

I've tried everything.
This is a new problem, worked fine for 3 months
the first worked for 8 months then second one for 3 months nothing has change on my MAc but from one day to another i did not get a dial tone or a ring ...

Spent two days on the computer with the girls from live chat I felt I was talking to PEGGY of the TV add , after 2 days and more than 6 hours I give up I was totally frustrated and obviously nothing worked, it is incredible that there is no way to get a phone # to speak to someone in this company ...

Here I'm 2 Magic Jacks later I have payed for 5 years on advance and I have credit moneys in long distance ,, BUT I CAN NOT MAKE A CALL and PEGGY does not help... and the Company of MAgicJ. could care less, they don't have a phone were you can call and talk to a person .... What a way to run a businesses, at lest they should face the problems and if they don't have a technical explanation. Make it clear that their product does NOT work properly with Apple products. and re-inverse the people that have problems , THEY are for sure making enough moneys with all the MJ that they have sold ...
THE FIRST PROBLEM IS TO TRUST ON A COMPANY THAT AS A POLICY DOES NOT ALLOW THEIR CLIENTS TO CONTACT THEM AT ALL
mscottpub
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: No Dial - No ring - Poor Support - Still Unresolved Reply with quote

There were several posts here regarding being unable to receive an incoming ring nor a dial tone. Similar to previous posts I too have a MJ which has been working off and on for the past 5 months however in late December it has become a completely useless device. Support has me do the same scripted troubleshooting every time I contact them only to tell me to wait a day and it will update (In other words, pushing me off without a solution.) So a month later, I still have no dial tone, no incoming rings, tried with different phones from my grandfathers old school corded phone from the 70's through to my current cordless phone which use to work. Nothing has changed in my computer, uninstalling and reloading software, computer reboots and even restore date images all leave with with the same problem. If anyone finds a real solutions please post it. In another month if nothing still works I'm going with the $200 ooma where at least I will have a working service after wasting $70 on this device. However, the support team did recommend that I switch to the computer free MJ version... Why would I spend more money on a new NJ device for a device that is already new. I guess the saying is true, " you get what you pay for" but in this case you don't even get that. Good luck to you all. I'm sure this 'true information" post will be deleted quickly. Again, good luck everyone.
jackthemagic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: magic jack Reply with quote

Does that stand for magically jacking your money. I have similar issues with the device and the support is terrible. Love the comparison with peggy. Yes the company does not seem to care what's so ever. Vary unprofessional. I guess that the all mighty dollar is in control here and nothing matters to the people in control. What is that saying a phone in your hand is like 2 in your wallet, lol. Well if anyone comes up with a solution please post it. Thanks and good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: