magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Getting Error 3002 with MJ+
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boyz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Getting Error 3002 with MJ+ Reply with quote

When I plug my MJ+ into the ports on my router I get an Error 3002 message.
Also occurs if I plug directly into my Router.
Worked with MJ support but problem still occurs.

Any thoughts ?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try connecting your MJ+ to a usb port on your computer and see what happens. You may need to do an update to your MJ+. Have you registered your MJ+?
boyz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is registered, and works when connected to my computer via one of the usb ports. It was updated.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boyz wrote:
It is registered, and works when connected to my computer via one of the usb ports. It was updated.
Unfortunately I have no other suggestions than to go back to MJ chat support. MJ+ is new and all the bugs have not been worked out yet. If chat is no help hopefully you can return it before the trial period ends. I'm waiting for Walmart to carry it because by then it will be primetime for MJ+ and it's only a 10 minute drive to return it if it necessary.
xyzzy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same error on 10/15. I was trying it through a D-Link DI524 router. It was not getting an IP from the router. I did get it to work directly through the cable modem and also through USB. I wasted HOURS with MJ tech support who were utterly clueless. I haven't had a chance to debug it since.
thealien
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyzzy wrote:
I got the same error on 10/15. I was trying it through a D-Link DI524 router. It was not getting an IP from the router. I did get it to work directly through the cable modem and also through USB. I wasted HOURS with MJ tech support who were utterly clueless. I haven't had a chance to debug it since.

Yeah, tell me about chat support! I've had my MJ+ for about a week now, but it doesn't work well when used as a stand alone (lots of choppy sound), but flawless in my computer. I've even tried it directly in my cable modem and it does the same thing. Although it's working (badly) when plugged in my wrt400n Linksys router too. I also spent hours on their live chat help trying all sorts of things with them, both at their ends and mine. I was lucky to chat with Dwight who did seem to know a lot more than others about technical stuff and issues...but it didn't fix it yet.

But for you these steps might help:
First, have you tried resetting your router once the MJ+ is connected to it ?

Next, have you tried disabling your router's firewall (if there is one) ?
And/or opening up (port forwarding) ports 5060 and 5070 UDP to the IP address of the Ethernet port where your MJ+ is connected on your router ?

Those things are known to have helped a few people with their MJ+ issues. But mine still is choppy as hell, even with QOS set to "high" for both the Ethernet port and the MAC address of the MJ+.
iyotonon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect a router to your modem and let the router handle DHCP (most routers have this setting enabled by default). Once the router is connected to the modem, you can connect the magicJack PLUS to one of the available Ethernet ports on the back of your router.
melandchico
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem. All I did was unplug my modem, router (D-Link DIR-615) and magicjack plus and re-plugged everything and now it works like a charm. It's stupid but for me it's what fixes 75% of any problems related to anything that has to do with my internet. Hope this can help someone else.
Cheers
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebooting everything at the same time can solve many issues.

About once or twice a month I find it helps to reboot my modem,router and MJ devices. If the Internet connection slows down.
Jcadig2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: More information please> Reply with quote

Matt9876 wrote:
Rebooting everything at the same time can solve many issues.

About once or twice a month I find it helps to reboot my modem,router and MJ devices. If the Internet connection slows down.

Just "How" do you reboot these items. I turned off power to modem, router and computer and then powered everything back up, but I did not unplug everything. Also, I did download the update right after I registered the device.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the modem,router,phone system and MJ+ on the same UPS power strip, one switch resets them all. Smile
bigjoet
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this error code 3-4 times and others now since I started using MJ+ (in router) 3 weeks now.
I have done the upgrade via usb on computer w/ customer (useless) support
several times, I have also had to to try several times at the same time to register it, it all looks fine that the reg went thru only to find out later
having to go back to support chat (MAJOR PAIN IN @$$) for a different issue
that it was never registered, even though customer support during the last 4 times there said it went thru. now every now and then I get these error codes.
and I only find out about them when I check my email and find I have a message but I never heard the phone ring. I have no idea why this is happening
I have to reset everything, in itself is not a big deal however what if I am not home? nobody else would/could figure this out but me.
while I cannot complian given the the cost of this and the savings from cablevision's voip $50.00 bucks a month for the same exact type of service (literally)sp, maybe MJ+ eventually will make all these other co's drop there pricing (rip off) or they will have no customers for that service anymore.
but MJ+ does have to get with the program and figure out these bugs and fix em, after all this is a service we pay for as cheap as it is it should at least do what they advertise (in my opinion it is not as easy as the infomercial says it is)
as I have had to contact "crapsupport" at least 8 time's so far and I have only had this for 3 weeks. will wait and see as cheap as it is,before I pay to have old number ported.
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, I only have to power down the MJ+ to clear errors and have it reconnect. Less of a headache than shutting down the router and cable modem. Give it a try.
bigjoet
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I have to power everything down thats easy as some have mentioned, I as well have all internet related hardware on one power strip so one button does it all. It's that I don't know when the phone shuts down due to the error(s) I either have to check my phone every 10 minutes or when I check email and see that I have a message due to phone not working (errors)
but it could still be out for a long time if no one leaves a msg,
or a family member tries to make a call and gets the error msg.
If there was an emergency that would p!$$ me off, It is my opinion that this should be very high on their priority list of things to do (fix) other than being a major pain in the fantail,it could have a serious consequence for younger (or anyone really) that this should happen to, in my house (unfortunately) I am the only one who knows how to do anything with electronics, while I hve told the Wife about hitting the powerstrip button for resets the young one's are exactly that,young and if I can keep them away from "my" stuff I am very thankful
as they have done things (when younger) to my computer just hitting and pushing buttons at random that I could not dodoing the exact same thing I know this as I have tried it more than once after fixing whatever it was at the time, while they know how to use speed dial (preset family #'s) in an emergency as well as 911 (they are twin 5 yr olds) I am not going to teach them the reset method that would just be another "adventure" for them as they giggle giggle giggle and Daddy has no idea without looking into everything as to why half the houses does not work right anymore. So MJ if you read any of this
please fix the "bugs" I for one would be very grateful.
bootedcowby
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Error 3002 Reply with quote

I just received my MJ+ today and registered it using the same number from my old magic jack which expires dec 31 it worked fine on the computer but when plugging it into the router i kept getting "please Wait" then error 3002.

I rebooted the router to give the MJ+ a new ip address and its working perfectly Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: