magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI MagicFeatures plus their other tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: FYI MagicFeatures plus their other tools Reply with quote

Good news/bad news. Some tools will be updated, sadly others are now discontinued..

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=509

and

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=487

"LUCKY YOU"

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great and...crap. Lucky us.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto couldn't of said it better myself!
Nugrl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question? is there some work around with the call waiting caller id? or do we have to have the magicfeatures working in order for it to work? just seems like I am one of the few that this is bothering....???? wouldn't be so bad, but the computer that the mj is hooked to is in the room on the other side of the house, so it takes some fast foot work to get to it to see who is beeping in on the call waiting.... Embarassed
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
question? is there some work around with the call waiting caller id? or do we have to have the magicfeatures working in order for it to work? just seems like I am one of the few that this is bothering....???? wouldn't be so bad, but the computer that the mj is hooked to is in the room on the other side of the house, so it takes some fast foot work to get to it to see who is beeping in on the call waiting.... Embarassed

Memorize all your phone numbers???????????????????? Smile

Trust me I miss the name showing up on my phone too, as it was the main reason I bought MagicFeatures.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nugrl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Trust me I miss the name showing up on my phone too, as it was the main reason I bought MagicFeatures.

Joe Sica

hey, wait a minute, you are still seeing numbers for your call waiting caller id? I am not!?!?! whats up with that????? what do you know that I don't???..... Rolling Eyes I do have my numbers memorized, but I get nothing but a beeping sound in my hear and nothing on my display, and yes, my phone is call waiting caller id capable.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Joe Sica

hey, wait a minute, you are still seeing numbers for your call waiting caller id? I am not!?!?! whats up with that????? what do you know that I don't???..... Rolling Eyes I do have my numbers memorized, but I get nothing but a beeping sound in my hear and nothing on my display, and yes, my phone is call waiting caller id capable.

No no no no. not on my call waiting caller ID, just the regular caller ID on the first call... Sorry if I gave you false hope Smile
I WAS going to bust on you saying I had memorized the beeps so I knew who was calling but that would have been mean Smile

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Joe Sica

No no no no. not on my call waiting caller ID, just the regular caller ID on the first call... Sorry if I gave you false hope Smile
I WAS going to bust on you saying I had memorized the beeps so I knew who was calling but that would have been mean Smile

Joe Sica

why yes you did! I was starting to feel left out of the loop. Sad well as far as the regular calling I have my important numbers programmed into the phone so it displays a name with a number, but this call waiting thing..... I do have my beeps memorized, 1 beep not so important, 4 beeps, I better think twice. just kidding! Laughing
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok people the NEW MagicFeatures 2.0 has been released!!!

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=484

LUCKY US!!!!!!!!!

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!!!!! no more running to the computer to see who's calling!!!!! Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
YAY!!!!!!! no more running to the computer to see who's calling!!!!! Wink

Smile yep I think they have also released version 2.02 as well for some bugs..

Just remember you now have to have your contact names in the speed dial section of MagicFeatures as it no longer can read them from MJ contact list. If you do not have the name in speed dial it will do a Google look up to try and get it, if that fails all you will see is the location of the caller, I.E. Florida and the phone #

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried out the newest 2.02 version? I am not real big on change, only if its for the better! Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
have you tried out the newest 2.02 version? I am not real big on change, only if its for the better! Wink

I only installed after I read someone with XP SP3 was having problems and they recommended he try 2.02. So I did since I am using XP SP3 as well.

Seems fine so far, but I have not received any calls just made a few.
I always keep the older version on hand just in case I need to go back

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the computer that the mj is running on right now is Win 7 home prem. and I guess the version 2.00 is working ok? I guess I haven't really been on the phone that much though since I installed the update to make sure all is well.

and yes, I too keep a copy on the computer of the older versions. I rarely if ever just click run and not save.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
well the computer that the mj is running on right now is Win 7 home prem. and I guess the version 2.00 is working ok? I guess I haven't really been on the phone that much though since I installed the update to make sure all is well.

and yes, I too keep a copy on the computer of the older versions. I rarely if ever just click run and not save.

There are some things about 7 they talk about..

here is 1

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=532

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks. I do have the user account disabled. I can't stand that annoying feature. I guess its ok if you have never used a computer before, but I have and if I click on something to open or run, by damn I dont' want the computer second guessing me! Laughing

I think I will hold off for a day or so though, before installing the 2.02 version. you know the old saying, "don't try to fix what isn't broke"
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
ok, thanks. I do have the user account disabled. I can't stand that annoying feature. I guess its ok if you have never used a computer before, but I have and if I click on something to open or run, by damn I dont' want the computer second guessing me! Laughing

I think I will hold off for a day or so though, before installing the 2.02 version. you know the old saying, "don't try to fix what isn't broke"

Don't forget if you add the names and numbers to your speed dial and you dont see them on your phone you may have to update to 2.02.

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you think I need to put the 2.02 version on? what bugs were fixed in it? like I said, I guess I haven't used the phone enough since I installed the 2.00 version to really see if I am encountering any other problems, dare I say, yet?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
why do you think I need to put the 2.02 version on? what bugs were fixed in it? like I said, I guess I haven't used the phone enough since I installed the 2.00 version to really see if I am encountering any other problems, dare I say, yet?

All I know it seems people with Win 7 MAY need it

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=529

Joe Sica
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there is this. Basically what I explained elsewhere but said better from the horses mouth.

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=534

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I am starting to feel like part of the R&D team.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
wow I am starting to feel like part of the R&D team.

Fun ain't it Smile
I mean what else do you have to do since you now have to get up early since the school year started Smile

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here's my question. why doesn't mj just include the caller id with name and number as well as the call waiting caller id with name and number? I mean really... I understand they say you get what you pay for, but with sooo many other VOIP's out there, are they not afraid of losing customers instead of trying to gain more?

Thank god for MagicFeatures! Because to be quite honest I was let down after I did finally take the plunge after seeing advertisement after advertisement and went out and bought one of these little usb dongles and thought for $40 if it does all it claims, how can you beat that?!?! Only to find out once I got it home and hooked it up, it did not do all that I thought it was supposed to do. As a matter a fact I had quite a few problems with it in the beginning, but have managed to somehow work thru them. I mean ya, its not the best but I just keep telling myself, for the price how can you beat it....
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, does anyone know if you purchased the magicfeatures plugin, can you use that 1 copy of the plugin on more than one magicjack at the same time? hope that makes sense....
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
hey, does anyone know if you purchased the magicfeatures plugin, can you use that 1 copy of the plugin on more than one magicjack at the same time? hope that makes sense....

Nope each serial # for Magicfeatures is registered to ONE MJ dongle and can ONLY be used with that dongle.. BUT you can use MJ and the Magicfeatures on another PC.

Hope this helps.

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but, what happens if something happens to that mj dongle? like say, somehow, believe it or not, the part that plugs into the usb port gets bent, and yes, it can. and say the mj quits working? then what? do I have to purchase mf all over again?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
but, what happens if something happens to that mj dongle? like say, somehow, believe it or not, the part that plugs into the usb port gets bent, and yes, it can. and say the mj quits working? then what? do I have to purchase mf all over again?

Very simple, you log onto their forum, you post a message stating just that, and you will get an email from the moderator telling you what you have to do.
Many others have had that exact same problem and that is what they did and they are now happy.

Joe Sica
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ok, I guess you answered my question. I was just wondering that incase I had to buy another mj, or perhaps just wanted to see what would happen if I added a second mj. I was not sure if it would work on both. Rolling Eyes
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
well ok, I guess you answered my question. I was just wondering that incase I had to buy another mj, or perhaps just wanted to see what would happen if I added a second mj. I was not sure if it would work on both. Rolling Eyes

I THINK Redpepper told me everyone BUT you would get a new reg # and you will have to pay for the plugin again!!!!

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on you need some excitement right?? Smile

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: