magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flashing Yellow Light.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtisjg65
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Flashing Yellow Light. Reply with quote

Had a old MJ+ that worked great until it died. Was sent a new one. Set it up properly and plugged it in to the wall outlet. Now I see a steady blue light and just below I see a flashing yellow light. I have no dial tone so I am unable to make or receive calls.
When plugged into the computer directly it works great. But will not work when plugged into the power adapter and then plugged into the wall outlet.
Tried unplugging and waiting 30 seconds but this did not help. Went into my router settings and unchecked Block anonymous internet request and again this did not help. Contacted support and got the run around for three hours.
any help or suggestions woujld be appreciated. Thank you.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you login to the magicJack website, go to the "Phone Numbers" tab. Find your new device in the listing. Is the phone number from your original broken device selected also for your new device, or is it still set to a "magicNumber"? If your new device shows just the magicNumber (like *0123456789*), reassign the phone number of your old mJ+ to the new mJ+. You should be in business.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Flashing Yellow Light. Reply with quote

curtisjg65 wrote:
Had a old MJ+ that worked great until it died. Was sent a new one. Set it up properly and plugged it in to the wall outlet. Now I see a steady blue light and just below I see a flashing yellow light. I have no dial tone so I am unable to make or receive calls.
When plugged into the computer directly it works great. But will not work when plugged into the power adapter and then plugged into the wall outlet.
Tried unplugging and waiting 30 seconds but this did not help. Went into my router settings and unchecked Block anonymous internet request and again this did not help. Contacted support and got the run around for three hours.

The fact that it works when "plugged" into a pc's USB port suggests that the MJ+ a.c. adapter that you're using is possibly defective. Assuming your replacement MJ+ came with its own adapter, try using both adapters to see if at least one of them gets the MJ+ working properly; if not you'll need to start a live help chat to inform them that the replacement MJ+ they sent you is deficetive and that they'll need to send you yet another one at no additional scharge - and be sure to tell thgem that the little LED immediately beneath the blue one on the front of device is blinking yellow and not white.
IsraelLee
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Flashing Yellow Light. Reply with quote

SteveHC wrote:
curtisjg65 wrote:

The fact that it works when "plugged" into a pc's USB port suggests that the MJ+ a.c. adapter that you're using is possibly defective. Assuming your replacement MJ+ came with its own adapter, try using both adapters to see if at least one of them gets the MJ+ working properly; if not you'll need to start a live help chat to inform them that the replacement MJ+ they sent you is deficetive and that they'll need to send you yet another one at no additional scharge - and be sure to tell thgem that the little led light immediately beneath the blue one on the front of device is blinking yellow and not white.

Thanks for sharing solution.. I am trying to find some information and finally got the post.. hope it works..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: