magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Five Year Plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you sign up for the 5 year Majic Jack Plan?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
Considering It
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Alan M
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Five Year Plan Reply with quote

Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

ThisIsMyUserName
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I wasted my money on the 5 year plan and then dumped MJ for TK. With the NetTalk TK6000 (visit www.tk6000.com or www.nettalk.com ) you can either plug it into a computer's USB (for portability) or plug it directly into a router (for operation without a PC or ThinClient). The $100 cost covers you for a lifetime, with no annual bills at all. Anyone want my MJ for dirt cheap? It has 4 years of time left on it and the # can still be changed for free. Just PM me.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 YR plan=sucker's bet. Too much risk to save a few bucks that may never materialize.

I suggest that the YMAX/Magicjack consortium will have a different owner within 24 months...

CrackerJack

MagicJack Customer #73
MagicJack user since May 2007
MagicJack abuser since June 2007
"I gots mo' numbers than a Lotto machine!!!"
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Lifetime service ???????? Reply with quote

quote:With Magic Jack, yearly fees start immediately you will be charged an annual fee for your phone service in addition to the cost of the device. With the TK6000, you won't make another payment until your fourth year of service.

this quote is taken from their comparison web page...seems something will be due after 4 years service. And if not, how can they stay in business????
Once they've saturated the market with their product, and take the money and run, who's going to keep paying to maintain the service???

This is exactly what happened wit Vic Tanny's Gyms back in the 80's when they offered lifetime memberships....once all the members bought one, there was no money to keep the Gyms going, and they DISAPPEARED Sad
and unfortunately with all my Lifetime fees as well Sad

Now if there are more fees due after 4 years (as posted above on their website), then that would take care of maintaining service, but then the $100 isn't really a lifetime fee is it Wink Good Luck and Beware!
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lifetime service ???????? Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
quote:With Magic Jack, yearly fees start immediately you will be charged an annual fee for your phone service in addition to the cost of the device. With the TK6000, you won't make another payment until your fourth year of service.

this quote is taken from their comparison web page...seems something will be due after 4 years service. And if not, how can they stay in business????
Once they've saturated the market with their product, and take the money and run, who's going to keep paying to maintain the service???

This is exactly what happened wit Vic Tanny's Gyms back in the 80's when they offered lifetime memberships....once all the members bought one, there was no money to keep the Gyms going, and they DISAPPEARED Sad
and unfortunately with all my Lifetime fees as well Sad

Now if there are more fees due after 4 years (as posted above on their website), then that would take care of maintaining service, but then the $100 isn't really a lifetime fee is it Wink Good Luck and Beware!

This mystery has already been solved. The "lifetime" service offer is merely a temporary promotion for early adopters. The standard offer for the TK6000 is $100.00 for your first three years of service, then $20 per year after that.

This is not different from the gamble of buying a MJ for $40.00, then prepaying for 5 years at $69.99, for a total of $110.00. "Good Luck and Beware!" right back at you, buddy.

I'll say it again: The "lifetime" service offer is a temporary promotion. It will go away.

NetTalk will also get revenue from international call fees, foreign DID subscriptions, termination fees, etc.

-One shot Magic Jack
-One shot TK6000
-One shot NetTalk Duo
-Two shots Ooma (it's bigger)

Shaken, not stirred.

Google Voice is the chaser.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that being the case, it makes alot of sense then, doesn't it Wink
I'll have to check this out then some more myself!!!
THANKS!!!!
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notdeadyet wrote:
Well that being the case, it makes alot of sense then, doesn't it Wink
I'll have to check this out then some more myself!!!
THANKS!!!!

No problem.

-One shot Magic Jack
-One shot TK6000
-One shot NetTalk Duo

Shaken, not stirred.

vnecaxa
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that you have all three systems: mj, TK, and ooma. how would you rank them in order of value? MJ works perfect for me but not for some family members and they want something else. Thanks.
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vnecaxa wrote:
I noticed that you have all three systems: mj, TK, and ooma. how would you rank them in order of value? MJ works perfect for me but not for some family members and they want something else. Thanks.

Hello. Here's a post where I recently broke them down:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/anyone-hear-of-this-mj-like-but-ata-device-t7143-120.html

-One shot Magic Jack
-One shot TK6000
-One shot NetTalk Duo

Shaken, not stirred.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: