magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERROR: "The installer cannot deploy the file"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwbehne
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: ERROR: "The installer cannot deploy the file" Reply with quote

I haven't been able to start my MJ in about 2 months. When I plug it in it starts the splash screen normally, then after about a minute crashes with this message from "magicJack Setup Component Setup":

Quote:
The installer cannot deploy the file.
Access is denied, or the file is being used by the system or other applications.
File: magicJack.exe

MJ was previously working on this system under Win Vista. Has not worked for about 2 months.

Last week I upgraded to Win7. At first MJ still didn't work.
Then suddenly, for no apparent reason, I got a green splash screen saying an update was in progress, that lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. MJ then worked - for 1 phone call last night, but now this morning I'm getting the above quoted error.

I'm stumped. What to do?
nighthawks
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: ERROR: "The installer cannot deploy the file" Reply with quote

rwbehne wrote:
I haven't been able to start my MJ in about 2 months. When I plug it in it starts the splash screen normally, then after about a minute crashes with this message from "magicJack Setup Component Setup":

Quote:
The installer cannot deploy the file.
Access is denied, or the file is being used by the system or other applications.
File: magicJack.exe

MJ was previously working on this system under Win Vista. Has not worked for about 2 months.

Last week I upgraded to Win7. At first MJ still didn't work.
Then suddenly, for no apparent reason, I got a green splash screen saying an update was in progress, that lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. MJ then worked - for 1 phone call last night, but now this morning I'm getting the above quoted error.

I'm stumped. What to do?

Have you uninstalled it at anytime in the pasted?
Did you run the "mjremoved.exe"?

Quote:
Access is denied, or the file is being used by the system or other applications. File: magicJack.exe

I feel that somewhere you have mj still running or something call it.
Not 100% sure on this but something is still present.

Download http://upgrades.talk4free.com/tools/mjRemover.exe

This is from magicjack.com, you can find this under FAQ'S do a search under "remove"...

When it's done, I would reboot the system and look at Task MGR, and look for anything to do with MJ stll running.

Then reinstall it and see what happens.

Hope this helps you in some way.
Regards,
John
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Win7 user but I thought MJ had to be installed from an admin account in Win7. Installing from a user account gives the message he is seeing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
shmuel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: The installer cannot deploy the file Reply with quote

I solved this by deleting every file in every folder within this location:
C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\
The files were locked by some program, and the only way I could delete them was by using MoveOnBoot. This is a free program that deletes files on restart of the computer.

In MoveOnBoot I selected which files to delete, then I restarted my computer and it worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: