magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Error 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XoDiViAoX
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Error 4 Reply with quote

I was wondering is anyone else getting error 4 tonight? i have the downgrade applied on mine and was wondering if anyone else with the downgraded versions has error 4?

mine has been working fine until tonight
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

HobNob
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Forced Upgrade? Reply with quote

Yup, looks like they're forcing the upgrade if you have an older version (mine is v1.73.4153.2910, dated 21-Dec-07)

There goes my ability to spoof my land-line#, which provides Name Caller ID. Now people will see "Outside Area" as the name, a strange #, and not pick up. (Or maybe they'll be more likely to pickup ;->)
andrey02
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here happened today.
kulumbaa
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here now i got no way of making calls...
Delta-9
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you installed the latest upgrade? http://upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/upgrade.exe

It seems that the older version of MagicJack are no longer working which is what is causing the Error 4. Unfortunately with the new upgrade my CID Spoofing no longer works.
kulumbaa
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have a thin client i decided to take out the do not upgrade from the host file which i did couple months ago cuz of no audio issues.

to my suprise MJ upgraded and no issues about no audio devices and the error 4 is gooooooooooooooone.

now am able to make calls and receive calls .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: