magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dropped calls after 90 minutes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mollydawg
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Dropped calls after 90 minutes Reply with quote

I talk to a buddy out of state, and every time, MJ drops the connection at 90 minutes. I have to get out of MJ and reload it, then reconnect. Is there a setting for this?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dropped calls after 90 minutes Reply with quote

Mollydawg wrote:
I talk to a buddy out of state, and every time, MJ drops the connection at 90 minutes. I have to get out of MJ and reload it, then reconnect. Is there a setting for this?

Totally normal. MJ only allows 90 min OUTGOING calls at a time. However if someone calls you, you can talk till you ears fall off or your phone's battery dies. Smile
About 3 years ago they actually had it terminate after 30 min!! Then they upped it to 60 min and then 120 min. About a year ago or so it was dropped to 90 min.
Yep sucks since their orig TV ad said talk as long as you want ( sure if someone calls you) and call who ever you want. Sadly you cant even do that anymore as they block some exchanges in rural areas ( high termination fees).
No setting ( that I am aware of) to change it. One way around it is to get a free Google Voice number and have it call your MJ when you want to make a call. I "THINK" GV allows for a 3 hr outgoing call.

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dropped calls after 90 minutes Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Totally normal. MJ only allows 90 min OUTGOING calls at a time.

While scanning the TOS the other day regarding something else, I noticed they finally added a reason for cutting them off:

Calls of long duration may be terminated to make sure the integrity of the network is kept intact, which would prevent abandoned calls.

It makes some sense, but it really can't happen that often (people "abandoning" calls). The interesting thing is that they don't mention the 90 minutes as the cut-off, so that obviously leaves it open for them to go back to 30 minutes, or whatever they see fit, anytime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: