magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anyone know why Magicjack cuts in and out???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodgee
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know why Magicjack cuts in and out??? Reply with quote

Sometimes when I call someone it starts out fine then they tell me that I am cutting in and out or breaking up. I usually just call them right back but it is still a pain in the ass to have to do that. Also sometimes but less than the first problem , I can't hear the other party because they are cutting in and out.
I am not using a wireless router on the CP that MJ is running on.
If anyone can help me please do.
Most of the time MJ is great but lately everyone I call I ask them if they can hear me good and warn them that I may start cutting in and out and that if that happens I will call them back. Question Rolling Eyes
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

LedFanCDN
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the only one. I used MJ before last Christmas for a while and calls were done with a great quality. Now, since a few months, it's very bad. There are delays, it cuts, etc. My hardware has not changed so...
c00lfloyd
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, mine does that also,.. but its easy to fix. Wink
Basically its cutting in and out cuz other running apps on yer PC are taking away from the MJ. at least that was my prob.
it seems they don't have the apps priority set right. it defaults to NORMAL. which is simply not enough for this thing.
SO.... load up task manager, hit the PROCESSES tab, then find MAGICJACK.EXE, and right click on it, then SET PRIORITY from NORMAL to anything higher.
(NOT REALTIME)Exclamation (I have found HIGH, to be perfect)Idea

This should fix all yer problems with sound issues and hiccups and things like that. It was amazing to see how much it helped!
Now to anyone that's gunna say my PC isn't fast enough, and so on. that's all BS. my system is plenty fast enough to run this thing.
I've got a P4-3ghz, 1.2gig ram. WinXP.
I have tested this same fix on various other peeps systems and it fixes all there probs as well. Very Happy

So, there ya go. Good luck!

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: