magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

change of domain name to phoneservicesupport.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: change of domain name to phoneservicesupport.com Reply with quote

As many of you have noticed, we have a new domain name. Since we have been asked by many of you for details, we figured it was easier to just post the basic time frame, along with some details.

Many of you may remember, that magicJack used to have an official forum of their own. They shut this down back in November of 2007. At which time, many of the frequent posters, started an unofficial forum over at makeforum.org.

It was short lived on the makeforum.org servers, as their servers could not handle the load. So, on 7/23/2008, we registered the domain name magicjacksupport.com, and moved the forum over there.

In December 2012, and January 2013, we received numerous emails asking if we'd be interested in selling the domain. One of these requests on 1/1/2013 came from a Susan M Catagnus, who mentioned "I do understand that there is a trademark issue though."

On January 23, 2013, magicJack's attorney sent us a Cease and Desist letter, demanding that we:
Quote:

(l) transfer the Infringing Domain Name to magicJack;
(2) immediately cease any and all use, sale, advertisement, and distribution of all domain names, company names, websites, electronic mail addresses and other items that include or bear the magicJack� Marks, any other mark confusingly similar thereto, or any other magicJack trademark; and
(3) refrain in the future from using, distributing, and advertising any product, domain name, company name, website, or electronic mail address bearing or incorporating the magicJack� Marks, any other trademark owned by magicJack, and/or any trademark confusingly similar thereto.

We hired an attorney, and had them send a reply to magicJack's attorney. magicJack's attorney did not reply, but rather filed a UDRP complaint with the WIPO.

Both our attorney, and magicJacks' went back and forth filing paperwork, addendum's, and supplemental filings with the WIPO.

On April 18, 2013, the WIPO ruled to transfer the magicjacksupport.com domain to magicJack.

On May 6, 2013, we moved the domain over to it's new home phoneservicesupport.com.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them, and we can do our best to answer.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WIPO should have made Magic Jack at least pay the fair market value for the rights to the domain name. That just doesn't seem fair to me.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Angeles jack wrote:
The WIPO should have made Magic Jack at least pay the fair market value for the rights to the domain name. That just doesn't seem fair to me.

Agree 100%
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C&P:
On May 6, 2013, we moved the domain over to it's new home phoneservicesupport.com.

Did any info on us users/members get transferred to new owners of magicjacksupport.com?
admin
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot wrote:
C&P:

Did any info on us users/members get transferred to new owners of magicjacksupport.com?

NO. All of the user data got transferred to the new site and nothing was left on the old domain.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the WIPO case
http://www.udrpsearch.com/wipo/d2013-0334

It was originally posted in the lounge at
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/new-web-address-t13030.html
dirtbikerprn
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: change of domain name to phoneservicesupport.com Reply with quote

admin wrote:
If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them, and we can do our best to answer.

Now that magicJack owns the magicjacksupport.com domain, will they start offering support?
IamBored

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: change of domain name to phoneservicesupport.com Reply with quote

dirtbikerprn wrote:
admin wrote:

Now that magicJack owns the magicjacksupport.com domain, will they start offering support?

wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am making my monthly visit to the magicjacksupport site. I was a bit confused when I got forwarded to magicjack.com today. So thinking I just typed the wrong domain in I tried two, three, and four more times. I am not surprised Magicjack has done this.

The thugs over at Magicjack LOVE MONEY and HATE CUSTOMERS. It is proven by the way they treat their customers. I was the second member on the forum back in 2007 because I was so upset about what they did with the chat service they use to host. A number of the original members on this forum were on Magicjack's chat server almost all day every day just to help other users becuase their "paid" support people couldnt answer the users questions beyond "where do I plug this thing in".

After 5 years of being a magicjoke customer I switched to another VOIP. What was the last straw you ask? It was the removal of call forwarding. How dare them promise at the time of purchase that you will get FREE CALL FORWARDING then TAKE IT AWAY WITH NO DIRECT EXPLANATION.

Now I come to find out that they come and pull our Domain out from under us? WHAT A JOKE...magicJOKE and it isnt even April. Many of us have spent YEARS helping others with issues and selling their products to family members and friends. I will NEVER recommend their product to ANYONE ELSE EVER AGAIN. I have sold and bought many units for friends.

Speak with your wallet people. Move to another VOIP NOW.
wgnweb
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These findings do not, however, mean that the evidence is all one-way. The Complainant provided little explanation as to why it took so long to file a complaint. It may be that the Complainant was not, as it claims, aware of the disputed domain name until late 2012. However, the Complaint does not clearly explain how it was that the Complainant would have been unaware of a substantial �chat� site relating to its products.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just reading the case online and saw this paragraph. ARE YOU SERIOUS? THEY LIED TO THE PANEL!!!!!! They werent aware of magicjacksupport.com until 2012??? Really??? REALLY??? Then they say that they werent aware of the "chat" site at magicack.com??? REALLY??? Dan Borislow HIMSELF use to visit the chat site and talk to us. It was the ONLY way to get support and most of that support was from users like me and laser and magichack.

PEOPLE LEAVE MAGICJACK IMMEDIETLY. THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS AND CROOKS.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PEOPLE LEAVE MAGICJACK IMMEDIETLY. THESE PEOPLE ARE LIARS AND CROOKS.

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: