magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Certain phone numbers MagicJack can not reach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moormagic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Certain phone numbers MagicJack can not reach. Reply with quote

Tried to reach ADT security with their published number, 866-746-7238 without success. Their phone would just ring and ring. Using cell phone was able to connect with that number. Informed Magicjack through chat. Tech support, Ann, would never admit they to could not reach that number. The standard reply when asked if they were able to reach that number was, "our engineers are working on it." I asked if I would be informed when the problem was solved. I was told I would be through email. It has been five days and that number still can not be accessed. MagicJack Ann gave me another ADT number, 877-272-2307 which worked.
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Certain phone numbers MagicJack can not reach. Reply with quote

moormagic wrote:
Tried to reach ADT security with their published number, 866-746-7238 without success. Their phone would just ring and ring. Using cell phone was able to connect with that number. Informed Magicjack through chat. Tech support, Ann, would never admit they to could not reach that number. The standard reply when asked if they were able to reach that number was, "our engineers are working on it." I asked if I would be informed when the problem was solved. I was told I would be through email. It has been five days and that number still can not be accessed. MagicJack Ann gave me another ADT number, 877-272-2307 which worked.

Yes, this is definitely an issue.

I have had friends who notified them of other #'s that "hang up" after a couple of minutes (and it doesn't happen when calling the same # from any other phone service) -- no response some months later. Some are Toll Free, some are not.

Maybe Mods can start a Sticky for people to post "Problem #'s" -- although I suspect not all #'s should/can be published in an open Forum.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try seing if you can call using Gizmo Project, they allow you to call 800 numbers free and is reliable....But why did u want to call ADT? You aren't planing to use your jack with security are u?
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here also, hope this is resolved soon some #'s only work with my cell and that is eating away my minutes.
techno-pagan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar issue with AT&T teleconference services @ 866-285-7778. With my cell or a land line the automated system connects after 1-2 rings and then prompts for the teleconference number. With the magicjack is rings and rings and then finally the AT&T teleconference operator will pick up.

I've addressed this with MJ support and the recognize it as an issue. They said it will, "take some time to resolve".
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno-pagan wrote:
I have a similar issue with AT&T teleconference services @ 866-285-7778. With my cell or a land line the automated system connects after 1-2 rings and then prompts for the teleconference number. With the magicjack is rings and rings and then finally the AT&T teleconference operator will pick up.

I've addressed this with MJ support and the recognize it as an issue. They said it will, "take some time to resolve".

Interesting, my friends say it was some conferencing system (don't know if it is AT&T) that they have problems with the hangup on.
golphur
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone resolved the AT&T Teleconference issue? Or has anyone had success connecting to this service? I am having the same problem with that service. It always send me to an operator without allowing me to enter my conference ID. Working from home is the primary reason I bought MagicJack. Not a lot of use to me if I can't join AT&T Teleconference.

I have found that other teleconference services work great, no issues. It is Only AT&T that I am having a problem with. AT&T Tech support say they are not blocking any numbers that it must be an issue with my provider. Go figure.

I would be interested if all MagicJack users have this issue or if it is only certain originating phone numbers that are experiencing this problem.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't dial the toll-free AT&T conf number either but I could using their direct number: 214-622-4979 Laughing Laughing Laughing
rleyden
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Can't Reach certain numbers Reply with quote

I can't reach 209-966-2912 (airport weather info) with Magicjack. It always gives 2 or 3 busy signals then goes silent. I've tried dozens of times. Trying with a regular line it always rings and connects immediately.
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTS of posts on this already. Do a Search.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: