magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Cant find MJUSB folder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwilbur51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Cant find MJUSB folder Reply with quote

I have been trying to get it to find the mjusb folder but it is either not there or hidden.

Last edited by dwilbur51 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

UncleRunkle
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your OS? I was using Vista x64 and it wouldn't work. So I created an XP 32bit VM and ran the SIP checker through that and everything worked great...hope this helps.
nuihc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Stroths help needed and get a free RT31P2 Reply with quote

dwilbur51 wrote:
I think C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Shouldn't it be C:\Documents and Settings\{Your Login Name}\Application Data

At least I've not seen the mjusb folder under "All Users" on any of my systems.
dwilbur51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: running xp Reply with quote

I am running xp but there is no folder called mjsub that I can find when I brows...I thought it was created on load up. Any thoughts.
dwilbur51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: How to get a mjsub folder back and other items Reply with quote

Looks like for some reason I dont have the mjsub on this computer. I think months ago I had issues so a friend riped all out and it must have not installed that folder. Any thoughts....I just tried creating another user but no folder. Maybe on another computer I should try or reformate my drive and start again.

Any thoughts
GregD
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folder name that I've always seen is actually mjusbsp. I've never seen mjusb or mjsub.
dwilbur51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: no app dat folder Reply with quote

I have run a serch for a app data folder and the mjusb folder or any close and no luck but my MJ works with the dongle.

Any thoughts
GregD
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have your system set to show hidden files and folders? If not, go into WIndows Explorer, click on 'Tools', 'FolderOptions', then click on 'View', and then click on 'Show hidden files and folers', and then 'Ok'.
dwilbur51
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: hidden folder cant be found on new machine Reply with quote

I had tried viewing the hidden folder but it would not show. So for fun I tried it on my sons machine and it created the folder. I think what happend is a friend had removed most items from my off my computer as I had a issue with MJ so when it re-created it did not do that folder. Very interesting...so I now can check my sip info again as I still cant get my RT31p2 router to work. ....I am wondering if I should give up and get a pap2 since there are some screen shots out there...

Any thoughts.
Bob_D
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwilbur51

If a search for the forder name fails, try searching for a file that will be in the folder: magicJack.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: