magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian Number porting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckit
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Canadian Number porting Reply with quote

Just bought MJ+ and was hoping to port home # over. Closest I can get to "local" is a number for a town 2.5 hrs away thus long distance for locals. Customer support said that MJ was working on Porting Canadian #'s but I just wondered if anyone knew what the time line for this is as I may just return my MJ before trial period runs out and try again later.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Canadian Number porting Reply with quote

Buckit wrote:
Just bought MJ+ and was hoping to port home # over. Closest I can get to "local" is a number for a town 2.5 hrs away thus long distance for locals. Customer support said that MJ was working on Porting Canadian #'s but I just wondered if anyone knew what the time line for this is as I may just return my MJ before trial period runs out and try again later.

No one knows.... When MJ says soon? It could be 2 years... If they say they are working on it?? Could be never or close to it. Take ANYTHING they say with a grain of salt.
Just use it and IF and when they can port your number, do it then.. At least till then you will be saving $$$. Let the people who are not local to you worry about a way of calling you for less. I know maybe buy them a MJ for Christmas Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Canada, voip.ms is an excellent choice, they are everything what Magic jack is not. You can port your number.You have to pay 0.5c/minute for outgoing calls in Canada. Depends on what your priorities are. Very cheap and miserable or cheap and good.
Pablo123
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even the cheap and good companies have problems too:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26609286-Voip.ms-VoIP.ms-Outage-
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

even the cheap and good companies have problems too:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26609286-Voip.ms-VoIP.ms-Outage-

Rolling Eyes
Big deal. 15 minutes service interruption every blue moon ? that happens even to very expensive ones .
Pablo123
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: try more like 1.5 days of downtime Reply with quote

My voipms DIDs have been down for 1.5 days now. Toronto area DIDs. Can anyone offer any advice on what to do?

The whole day today was hit or miss with dialing into my DIDs. This is hurting business substantially. Can anyone offer any advice?

I've tried forwarding the number using the portal but it is still hit or miss with audio not going through.
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the tech support you are able to port your local # over
Semi-retired
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Porting numbers in Canada??? I think not. Reply with quote

shushwap wrote:
According to the tech support you are able to port your local # over

Did you get the technician's name?

Did he know you were calling from Canada?

Nope and nope, I'm thinking!
shushwap
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are idiots down there... He knew I was from Canada... They really need to educate there reps a little
Buckit
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Looking for an update on Canadian Number porting Reply with quote

Hoping to move to a new house soon and would like to take the old number but not the old phone company. Any word on whether # porting is coming and if so when?
monckton
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porting NOT available for Canada (january 2013).

Here is the answer I just received from Joane (Livechat) :

"We are not able to process a Transfer Number with Canadian Numbers yet. It is an endeavor on our Part to be able to transfer a Canadian number.. Our Departments are working on the Interconnection Agreement with the Canadian Phone Carriers. Unfortunately, they are declining the proposal. However, we are doing our best with this Regards.. Hoping for your kind understanding."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Features coming to Magic Jack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: