magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can't call out, have dial tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gzsphish
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: can't call out, have dial tone Reply with quote

I can't seem to call out . I have a dial tone and can here the number being dialed , but it does not ring on my end. I know that the call is going threw , cos I call my cellphone and it rings , but when I answer it , I can't here anything. It dosen't do it after I restart it or run the upgrade, but a couple of calls after or if I have'nt used it in a while to make a call. I'm running windows XP and the phone I am using w/magicjack is a uniden model # tru984o cordless. If anyone has any idea on how I could fix this one problem with my magicJack please let me know. Everything else works fine . Thanks Cool
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try disconnecting the handset from the USB device, and make calls using the softphone and headset. Do this just to determine if the problem is specific to using the a handset, or if it is something with MJ's server, or your connection to it.

Mark
Sherwin Williams
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: can't call out, have dial tone Reply with quote

gzsphish wrote:
I can't seem to call out ....I am using w/magicjack is a uniden model # tru984o cordless.

Are you using a wireless router? (Because some cordless phones do not work well with wireless routers.) If you are using a wireless router, try a corded phone.
gzsphish
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried both. Ive made a softcall and it goes threw, and yes i do have a wireless router, for my wifes laptop, and i tried a reg. phone and it still does the same thing. it dosent seem to do it all the time. I will dial a number, such a my home phone ( we are just doing the magicjack free trial ) and my home phone will ring , but i cant here it in my headset. and when i answer you cant here anything. then 5 min. later i may try calling my friend in N.Y. and it will work fine. I just dont get it. Its like its not reseting its self all the time for the next call, ya no............
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gzsphish wrote:
Ive tried both. Ive made a softcall and it goes threw,

I didn't understand your answer. Does the problem exist when you disconnect the handset from the USB device, and use the softphone with a headset?

Mark
gzsphish
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, when i unplug my phone line from the mj, but leave it(mj) hooked up to my computer, and then dial a number, like my cell phone number, my cellphone will ring. now when i try to do the same thing , but, with my phone connected to mj, i will here the dial tone, and the number being dialed , but it will not ring in my handset. the number i call , however, like my cell phone will ring and when i answer it , you can't here anything on the line.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gzsphish wrote:
no, when i unplug my phone line from the mj, but leave it(mj) hooked up to my computer, and then dial a number, like my cell phone number, my cellphone will ring. now when i try to do the same thing , but, with my phone connected to mj, i will here the dial tone, and the number being dialed , but it will not ring in my handset. the number i call , however, like my cell phone will ring and when i answer it , you can't here anything on the line.

If I'm understand this correctly. Using a headset with the softphone works fine. Using a handset connected to the USB device, you can't hear the phone ring. You can't hear the other person who answers the phone you called.

If so, I would suggest using a powered USB hub. See the wiki FAQ "why do I keep hearing so much about powered USB hubs?"

Mark
Huhenyo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will help, but I had the problem of having a dial tone but not being able to dial out. I could dial using the keypad on the mj window, but not my cordless phone. After reading other forums I decided to plug in my corded phone and sure enough mj worked. Then after that, my cordless phones worked. Go figure. I don't know if this will help, but give it a try. Also, if that doesn't work, try turning off the wireless router portion of your modem/router by typeing 192.168.0.1 in your browser and then finding your setting that allows you to disable wireless.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: