magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can I block numbers with Magic Jack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registered Lunatic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Can I block numbers with Magic Jack? Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere either in Magic Jack documentation or here on Magic Jack support.com that I could block phone numbers with my Magic Jack.

Is that accurate? can I block numbers with Magic Jack?

If so, how I do it.
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only options currently available for this are to forward your MJ line to a google voice number and block calls with them. The other option would is to buy a telephone that supports this. I saw one in walmart the other day for a reasonable price. I'm not sure how well they work but you could always try one out and return it if it doesn't work. Another option that I hope is available soon is the Magicbeans program that VDOT has been working on. Take a look in the tips, tricks and hacks forum and you can find out more about that. The only other thing you could try is to forward to your cell and assign no ring to a specific number by saving it as a contact. This is more of an ignore feature than a block feature.
Registered Lunatic
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
The only options currently available for this are to forward your MJ line to a google voice number and block calls with them. The other option would is to buy a telephone that supports this. I saw one in walmart the other day for a reasonable price. I'm not sure how well they work but you could always try one out and return it if it doesn't work. Another option that I hope is available soon is the Magicbeans program that VDOT has been working on. Take a look in the tips, tricks and hacks forum and you can find out more about that. The only other thing you could try is to forward to your cell and assign no ring to a specific number by saving it as a contact. This is more of an ignore feature than a block feature.

Now that you mentioned Google voice, I got my magic jack and Google voice around the same time so I was reading a lot of documentation about both simultaneously and now that you brought Google voice up, a realize that it was GV that allowed me to block numbers and not magic jack.

Thanks for t suggestion as well I'll look into that.
webevii
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Call Block Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:

There is one Panasonic Phone that offers to block selected incoming calls selectively it is Panasonic Model #KX-TGA931T I use this phone for my regular land line and it offers the ability to selectively block up to 20 numbers. You will get one ring, the phone will automatically answer, a message in the display that states CALLER BLOCKED and then the phone automatically disconnects the call.

Kind of rude but then the person your blocking is probably ruder.

Dev
webevii
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blocking calls and numbers with magicJack are not yet available this time. Only the phone that is connected to the MJ and has the ability to block calls can do it. Hopefully, the MJ engineers can make them happen in the future.
jaytcsd
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If MJ could duplicate or incorporate many of the features of Voipo I'd drop my Voipo service.
redpepper
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For call blocking features see http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicfeatures-add-20-features-plus-call-recording-t7976.html .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: