magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks
magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Call Forwarding ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatmaninthebathtub
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Call Forwarding ? Reply with quote

Its no longer listed in features, whats going on?
Google
AdSense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Magicjack support, tips, tricks, and hacks

Frankfone
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Call Forwarding - we will have to pay Reply with quote

Very disappointed again with Dan Borislow greed. I just paid for another year a few days ago and now, if you look at the bottom of the answers on FAQ's for call forward, it has a date of September 13 and it looks like they will charge per minute of use. Not much but, eventually it will be another ripoff like AT&T. $ 4.95 a year for 100 min a month and $ 19.95 for 500 a month. And if you read the terms of use, they just modified it.Dan sad once that each line cost him $ 0.60 a year, that he felt charging $ 19.95 was an excellent profit. Yes, greed has no limit.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
areamike
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not cool.
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe they are now charging for call forwarding....that stinks Dan! What's next?!?
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had the following chat:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Jaclyn'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTKXXXXXXXX

Jaclyn: Hello, how may I help you?

Ted: Is there now a charge for call forwarding??

Jaclyn: May I know if you where did you encounter that call forwarding has a charge for enabling it?

Ted: When I went to my account.

Jaclyn: One moment please...

Jaclyn: May I know where in your account prompts that there will be a charge for call forwarding feature?

Jaclyn: Have you enabled your call forwarding feature, Ted?

Ted: When I go to features, it no longer has call forwarding.

Jaclyn: http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

Jaclyn: Please click here to access your call forwarding.

Jaclyn: I apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with regards to your call forwarding feature on your account, Our higher department are still updating on it, For we are working on a new call forwarding service to be more convenient to our valued magicJack users.

Ted: So, there is not going to be a charge?

Jaclyn: I apologize, Ted but we do not have the information as of this time for they're not yet done updating with the new service for call forwarding.

Ted: So, there will be a charge?

Jaclyn: Yes, Ted.

Ted: That's not right, I have bought 3 MJ's and recommended the service to many friends.

Jaclyn: Please don't worry for we have not rolled out the new service for call forwarding feature as of this time. I understand your concern.

Ted: It's not right....a lot of us have bought 5 year plans, and now this!!

Jaclyn: This update does not affect the old magicJack users, Ted.

Ted: So, there will not be a charge for the old users?

Jaclyn: My apologies but I will not be able to provide an exact details yet with this new updated call forwarding feature since as of now, this feature still on a work progress.

Ted: Okay, Thank you. Bye.

I hope they have so many complaints that they will rethink this!
tcgc70
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Frankfone said this statement is on the MJ site:
To enable call forwarding, if available, enter the phone number you want
the magicJack to forward to in the “Number to Forward Calls To”. Set “Call
Forwarding Status” to ON, and follow the prompts to checkout.
Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.
sainttammany
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Call fordwarding. Reply with quote

I use the CF daily. I bought MJs for family and friends years ago. I discovered the missing option some time back. I have no use for the MJ without it. It is no longer the innovation that it once was or could have been with the "hot spot" they promised last year. I would think that Dan is a pretty bright guy, that is too smart to shoot himself in the foot. If it turns out that he is not, I will gather up mine, and shoot them with a 50 cal Michelle and post it on youtube. Most companies are doing this kind of crap and I am gonna fight back.
redpepper
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please consider selling your MJ dongle on Ebay for a few bucks instead.

Somebody else can definitely use it with the GVJack App + Google Voice where call forwarding and everything else is still free.
mmagic
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going away for the weekend, want to forward to my cell phone.

Today I was able to go directly to

http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

and enable forwarding. I have not signed up for a forwarding plan. Maybe that's just a temporary loophole.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the CF is no longer listed, but thanks to mmagic's link above, it takes you to the page required, and all is status quo for my #'s so far....I would suggest if the link works for others too, that it be saved to favorites to allow access for as long as it does continue to work Wink
ecobbMJ
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above mentioned link no longer works and CF is no longer shown as a Call Feature.

Any news?
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link, and my own shortcut still work for me....takes me to my login page, then to the CF page, which I have turned on at all times, so maybe that makes a difference.
Palerider0098
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Call Forwarding Sounds Like It's Gone For Good Reply with quote

Two days ago I inquired about their Call Forwarding Feature and was given this link to access it; https://my.magicjack.com/my/Call-Forwarding.html to switch a line. Today the link is dead and according to Live Help on my account page its gone and no ETA for its return is available...Spread the word, They officially suck bad now, dont give them a red cent in the future!!!!!!!! The original excuse was that they were editing their website, Today Tara told me via live help that its gone completely.
notdeadyet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

again, this link still works for me today....I'm using the original MJ and not the plus in case that makes a difference, and I've made no changes to my CJ since I installed it...it's ALWAYS CF to my landline, and still working today.

I must say though, up till now I've been 100% happy with MJ for what I've paid and get, but this is the first time I've been affected my Dan's greed in regards to MJ...although he really pissed me off with his forcing the Women's league to shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: