magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call Forwarding ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Forwarding. Reply with quote

deltabox888 wrote:
I've had my Magic Jack from the get go. I have their original one. I used this link here and was able to turn ON call forwarding. No prompts for payment or anything.

I tested it and it's working fine as of Feb 5th, 2013.

https://web05.magicjack.com/my/call-forwarding.html

Thanks so much for posting that link. I sometimes forward my MJ to my MJP (it's worth the 20 a yr to keep the #) But I went to go turn on the fwrd last week because I decided to turn off my desk top and poof, no longer there.
Link took me right in, controls just as I had last used them.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey stranger. Hope you are well.
I sent you a few emails and messages on Yahoo Messenger but never heard back.
Again I hope you are well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Hey stranger. Hope you are well.
I sent you a few emails and messages on Yahoo Messenger but never heard back.
Again I hope you are well.

hum??? like I said on the phone, my reply got deleted. Shocked
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always delete posts from fisty redheads, don't you know that? Smile
I did a search for reverting to an older firmware on your plus but could not find anything. I also did a Google seach with the same result, sorry.
Hopfully their next update will correct the problems you are now having after your Plus was update to the latest version.
Maybe someone on here has an idea on how to rill back the Plus to the previous version..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the heck, I will just leave it on the big laptop. I really only use it to keep connected to TV for streaming and DVD movies. BTW after we talked today, I think my MJ audio is a little better w/ it on the pc than it was on the router.
It will give me a chance to create a contact list. ( Joe, your my 1st Wink

I know there is only export on the MJ site. Does any one know if there is a way to import contacts from MJ to MJP?

I would like to find a roll back, but chances are it would do the same thing that happened a couple of yr ago w/ the MJ update that made people loose their contacts. It would just re-update.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only difference being ( for now anyway) once (if) you roll back and then plug it into the router MJ can't update it until you plug it back into the PC.
I still think that 25' cable you are using to connect your router isn't helping any, which is why it maybe sounds better on the PC.
Your first huh????? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am NOT going there. hehehe
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
The only difference being ( for now anyway) once (if) you roll back and then plug it into the router MJ can't update it until you plug it back into the PC.
I still think that 25' cable you are using to connect your router isn't helping any, which is why it maybe sounds better on the PC.
Your first huh????? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am NOT going there. hehehe

I think you misunderstood me. The long cat5 is from the modem in the front of house,( incoming DSL) to router. not router to MJ. But I did order a new 3ft to try on MJ to router. I think there might be a problem w/ the cheap original.
Do you really think Magic Jack will start making all of us pay for call forwarding???
hehe, naturally they will wait till after I re-new in October.
djice49202
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Magicjack Call Forwarding Reply with quote

Every time I talk to tech support they give me excuses every time what Ive been told there no going to bring it back. I did some looking and I found another service just like magicjack and better. It's called nettalk http://www.nettalk.com/en/duo They have more features then magicjack same price 30.00 a year. I'm tired of the crap that magicjack is giving us so I'm switching to nettalk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: