magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blocked Calls?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Blocked Calls? Reply with quote

I have a friend who just moved into the same area code as I use on MJ+. He is using a regular land line phone, the same hardware as he used in his previous location, with a different number, including the area code.

I cannot phone him with MJ+ as it always rings busy. I tried several times over several days.

Today I tried using an old style cellphone and it went right thru.

I tried again using MJ on a tablet (free MJ) and it went right thru.

He can phone me but I can't phone him thru MJ+

What gives?

Is there a way I could have blocked his number?
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After time with two techs at MJ support, I determined that I cannot phone anyone with the same area code.

They started a ticket to resolve it and I'm waiting.
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene45 wrote:
After time with two techs at MJ support, I determined that I cannot phone anyone with the same area code.

They started a ticket to resolve it and I'm waiting.

you can wait and see what happens with that, or you can also call the local phone service (most likely the one your friend is using) and have them check the number as well. When I first got my MJ # I had problems with certain calls, called Bell and they looked into it and within a day or so no more problems and never had any since. I don't know what happened or what Bell did, but I had done so on a suggestion from here years ago, so maybe it still hold true.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the "blocked number" with two other systems, and they both worked.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it is worth, I have gone thru our sessions with MJ chat, a total of about five hours. Each time I got to do the same tests over and over, with the same result. I finally said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

At one point the MJ tech suggested that the carrier of the blocked call is the problem. I spent an hour in chat with them, who claim they have no way to do that, and sine it works with other methods, cellphone and MJ app,m it can't be them. Plus any number with the same area code gives the same result area. They suggested my ISP is the problem.

My ISP tells me they have no way to screen traffic, let alone specific phone numbers.

So the issue has been referred to MJ's Engr Dept twice now. No idea what happens now.

Considering the time I have spent on this would pretty much take up all the savings from using MJ.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an e-mail from MJ, suggesting I try the number and tell them exactly what time i did it.

I did that with ten digits with the same failure.

Tried with 1+ten digits, and it went thru, but it would not before.

Tried again with ten digits and it worked, twice.

Problem solved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: