magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any issues with PORTING MY OLD NUMBER?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Any issues with PORTING MY OLD NUMBER? Reply with quote

I installed MJ to test it, with the intention of later porting my good-old AT&T number that I've been using for decades. I heard and read MANY horror stories about AT&T customers who switched to Comcast and LOST THEIR EXISTING PHONE NUMBERS... 2 of those stories I heard from my own friends, though couple years ago...

So before making the move I'd like to know if there are any known issues with porting phone numbers from AT&T to MJ.... Thanks!
jeffnyc
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Any issues with PORTING MY OLD NUMBER? Reply with quote

Amik wrote:
I installed MJ to test it, with the intention of later porting my good-old AT&T number that I've been using for decades. I heard and read MANY horror stories about AT&T customers who switched to Comcast and LOST THEIR EXISTING PHONE NUMBERS... 2 of those stories I heard from my own friends, though couple years ago...

So before making the move I'd like to know if there are any known issues with porting phone numbers from AT&T to MJ.... Thanks!

You have to ignore post above. As this site has gotten old and inactive I don't think their is much moderation to clean up garbage.

Anyway curious if you had issues with port? I tried port iniated today with account number (which I think is my the same as my device id, and pin, which is my login password unless the account number is the phone number with the e01 at the end of it?

THey will try to charge $30 but many try to get out of it.
Amik
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with porting. Everything went smoothly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: