magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 minutes per call or 20 calls per day limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: 60 minutes per call or 20 calls per day limit Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of this policy? See my dialogue below;

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Juliet'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554083795145X

Juliet: Hello, how may I help you?

gat: I have the MJ+. My question, is there a limit on calls?

Juliet: Let me assist you with that.

gat: Hi Juliet are you still there?

Juliet: You can call any US or Canadian for free.

gat: I read somewhere that there is a certain amount of minutes allocated and if I go over I would have to pay per minute, does this apply to US or Canadian use?

Juliet: You can refer the link below.

Juliet: Please click the link below to view the International call rates applicable

Juliet: http://www.ymaxcorp.com/clec_rates.html

gat: No thanks, I was just referring to US or Canadian use. So if I use 5000 minutes calling to US or Canada, all minutes would be free?

Juliet: Yes, you are correct.

gat: What if I use 20,000 minutes to US or Canada, free as well?

Juliet: Are you referring the pre paid minutes?

gat: Nope, I'm just referring to minutes include with my annual MJ+ subscription?

Juliet: I see. Okay, you can make a call for 60 minutes per call for 20 phone numbers a day.

gat: Okay, I see. Is there a link to the terms of service that you just quoted?

Juliet: Okay. Sure!

Juliet: http://www.magicjack.com/tos/

gat: Thanks. I just read quickly through it but didn't see the 60 minutes per call for 20 phone numbers a day. Anyway, one more question.........

gat: How much is the cost per minute should I go over the 60 minute per call or 20 numbers a day?

Juliet: Using your magicJack and calling another magicJack phone number is all for free.

gat: What if I'm using my MJ+ and calling a cellphone and go over the 60 minutes/20 phone calls per day, then how much?

Juliet: Calling to International locations works the same as with other traditional providers:

Juliet: Calls to Canada & Caribbean:

Juliet: Dial 1 + the area code + local number

Juliet: Other Countries outside the United States and Canada:

Juliet: Dial 011 + country code + city code + local number

Juliet: NOTE: There are some countries like Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, and Jamaica where calls do not require a prefix of 011.

Juliet: To be able to dial International numbers, you must purchase prepaid minutes at my.magicJack.com.

gat: Juliet are you getting confused, I'm not referring to international calls, just US and Canada calls? How much per minute if I go over lets say 20 calls per day?

Juliet: 60 minuets per call are allowed.

gat: Yes, I understand that part. What if my call last 90 minutes, does the call automatically disconnect after 60 minutes?

Juliet: Yes.

gat: I see. Also, after 20 calls per day will I not be able to make 1 more call for the day and will I have to wait the next day to make more calls?

Juliet: Under 6. Proper Use it says "If magicJack sees excessive use, including but not limited to, a customer whose usage is twenty (20) times more than the average magicJack's customer's usage, or a customer who calls more than 50 different telephone numbers per day, or systematic or intentional misuse, it reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your use of the magicJack device and/or Software immediately, and you will not be entitled to get a refund of any licensing fee or any other fee you may have paid to us. We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days. In the event we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number."

Juliet:

gat: Okay, I see. That is helpful. I appreciate the information. Thank you Juliet!

Juliet: You are most welcome.

Juliet: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

gat: Thanks!
Hadz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that should be 20 calls per day
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody is not telling the truth. For example, in order to enforce the rule, they have to have access to the call logs, which they told me, they do not have access to.

See: http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/call-log-when-using-the-magicjack-plus-t11633.html

I wonder what their incentive is to be obtuse about this.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you, noone in this thread has any clue what they are talking about
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackerjack wrote:

I don't doubt that at all. Basically because the story is not consistent.

So can you tell us the truth ?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene45 wrote:
crackerjack wrote:

I don't doubt that at all. Basically because the story is not consistent.

So can you tell us the truth ?

The truth is that no one knows, or will probably ever know. MagicJack sure isn't telling anyone.

The language they use, "including but not limited to", should clue in anyone who has ever read a contract before. It leaves it up to them, with no explanation needed, or apparently given. The numbers they give are guidelines only. If their software flags you, you are screwed.
Gene45
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that not even the techs we get to talk to on Chat really understand the rules. They recite the rules but seem to have no access to the actual data that led to the decision.
Henderson
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days. In the event we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number."

This concerns me, since I use my cell phone mostly. The MJ+ phone is there primarily to keep the main number, it's really hardly ever used anymore. It gets a lot of incoming calls, but not too many outgoing calls. So I have to make it a point to make an outgoing call every now and then or they can just take my number that I've had for 40 years?

I'm liking MJ less and less and I'm seriously thinking about just changing the phone to another cheap pay as you go cell phone.
docooo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If magicJack sees excessive use"
SteveHC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henderson wrote:
Quote:
We reserve the right to reclaim any telephone number that does not make a call for a consecutive 90 days. In the event we reclaim a phone number and your software license is still active, you may choose another phone number."

This concerns me, since I use my cell phone mostly. The MJ+ phone is there primarily to keep the main number, it's really hardly ever used anymore. It gets a lot of incoming calls, but not too many outgoing calls. So I have to make it a point to make an outgoing call every now and then or they can just take my number that I've had for 40 years?

I'm liking MJ less and less and I'm seriously thinking about just changing the phone to another cheap pay as you go cell phone.

- Henderson: FYI, there are other companies who provide such a "number-parking" service (for a fee, of course). You might find one of them to be more practical than MagicJack for your purposes.
Kiasmama
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I was talking to a friend the other day and the call disconnected at the 90 minute mark exactly. I make like two calls a month.... and they each last a long time...but I guess 90 minutes will be it for one call.

stinks.
SteveHC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiasmama wrote:
actually I was talking to a friend the other day and the call disconnected at the 90 minute mark exactly. I make like two calls a month.... and they each last a long time...but I guess 90 minutes will be it for one call.

stinks.

- The 90-minute cutoff isn't intended to limit your calling, just to ensure that network resources aren't tied up by somebody forgetting to hang up. Just redial to reconnect.
docooo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most phones hve a call clock on them .. when u get to 88 min's
hang up and call back .. this is what I do and have had NO problems
over the last yr
monkeyboy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

88 mins?

Just recently I talked with someone for 6+ hours straight.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeyboy wrote:
88 mins?

Just recently I talked with someone for 6+ hours straight.

Such a blowhard!!!
Was it another MJ customer or were you talking to a toll free (800/855/866/877) number?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: