magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 second dead spot when call is answered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Not Happy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: 2 second dead spot when call is answered Reply with quote

Got my MJP a couple of months ago and having 2 problems - 1 is the beeping which I have been reading about on another topic, but another major problem is when I call out, and the other person answers, we have a 2 second dead spot and often have to say "Hello" twice.
Have tried moving the MJP, router and modem connections away from the power bar used for all the other computer connections but the beep and delay are still there. Also unchecked the SIP box in the router set up.
Would really appreciate any suggestions
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "dead spot" you're talking about sounds like a latency problem. Check with speedtest.net to see how fast your connection is.
If your ping speed isn't below 20ms, you're likely having trouble with slow responses.

This may be something magicJack can solve by tweaking your sip servers. You'll have to log in at my.magicjack.com, go to "Live Help" chat support and ask them to check SIP server and STUN settings.

Although you probably already know this, I'll say it anyway: If you are on satellite internet, magicJack isn't really appropriate for satellite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: